computer question

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by robbie, Jun 21, 2014.

1. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Since Windows XP has not been maintained by Microsoft since April, my computer is now becoming corrupt with lots of viruses ( even though I do virus software ). Now it seems all my Accounts that I pay bills on online are all informing me that my account is being is being put on hold (no access online). I never save info. to the account and have changed my passwords. MY question is this: IF i go buy another computer, What do I have to do with my OLD computer harddrive and accounts to make sure it doesnt happen on the new computer??? Will all the viruses go away once I unplug my old computer and get a new computer with updated software?

2. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

3. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

4. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Best advice we got was to go to Best Buy and buy a computer and get their Geek Squad support. Of course, you can get the support for a computer that you didn't purchase through them also. Has been great for us with three computers (one being mil's and she's always getting into trouble) She can take it up there as often as needed for n/c. Way less stressful, for all of us, than trying to help her.