Concert for JULIE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by #1grandma, Nov 4, 2010.

1. #1grandma

#1grandma Well-Known Member

I don't get on here very often and have just found some Private Messages that I had not read - some dating back to 12-12-08 from JJ (thank you so much). LLI - thanks for your offer...I might take you up on it.

I am continuing to raise money for the Brain Tumor Center at Duke in Julie's memory and for her team, JOGGING FOR JULIE. ALL money raised through my efforts go to research at Duke. A benefit concert is planned for Sat., Nov. 6 at Johnston Community College in Smithfield. Keith Henderson, an ELVIS tribute artist will be performing "Illusions of the King" at 7:00 p.m. A silent auction is also planned with many great items just in time to shop a little for Christmas items or just because you might see something you want for yourself.
    The tickets are $15 each or you can purchase a sponsorship for your business. The Gold sponsorship is $100 for 4 tickets or $50 for 2 tickets....this also includes your name or the name of your business on the overhead screen prior to the show and special reserved seating - there are not many of these left and I would really love to see all those seats filled.

You can purchase tickets by calling the box office weekend afternoons - 1:30 - 5:00 pm.
    Let them know if you want to sponsor!!! Individual tickets are important as well so if you want to see 'Elvis' and have a great time and shop for a great cause please join me and many others as we rock to "Blue Suede Shoes".

If you have questions, call me at 919/934-2713 or 919/818-4401.

With a grateful heart,
    Jane Austin Lee

2. #1grandma

#1grandma Well-Known Member

Thanks to all who read this thread....I hope some of you bought tickets to the show!!!! I'm trying to make a difference in someone else's life that has been touched by brain cancer.

3. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

I unfortunately cannot attend the event tomorrow night - BUT I would love to chat with you one day about getting more involved with fund raising for brain cancer research. I lost my Dad to brain cancer about 4 years ago when he was a very young 59 years old. I'll send you a PM! Thanks for all that you do!