consignment shops?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by lissa27504, Apr 19, 2010.

1. lissa27504

lissa27504 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a local consignment shop that will take a wedding gown? I tried selling it online but, obviously, that didn't work!

TIA

2. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Thrifty Threads off of hwy 50 in Garner used to sell second-hand formal dresses, gowns, wedding dresses. Not sure if they still do, I haven't been in there in a long time. You might give them a call to see if they would buy your gown:

1140 Benson Road
    Garner, NC 27529-4659
    (919) 662-9590

3. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

4. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Thrifty Threads does still sell wedding dresses and it is a little drive but you could take it to Second Fling in Goldsboro. They have a seperate bridal room.

5. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

I dont think I would recomend Thrifty Threads.
    When I took my old gown from wedding number one there I was told it just sat there. I found that hard to believe, but ok. When it was approaching the time to either pick up the gown or it would be hers, I was told it was still there, Come on over. Oh I will be closing early that day.. no wait that is not good either. That stalling went on for a few weeks. I just showed up one day - at the time I lived in CarY,..It was not on the rack.When she looked and looked and looked she suddenly determined it had sold months ago and I had gotten my check. Wrong!..no check for me. I yipped and complained and then she gave me the money.
    yes, It all could have been an honest mistake, but I will never be convinced.

With all the gown I have bought for kiddo and nyself over the years I have NEVER gone back to that store.

6. lissa27504

lissa27504 Well-Known Member

Thank you! I knew this board would be helpful :)

7. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Around Again in Raleigh near Triangle Town Centre takes bridal.

http://aroundagain.com/

I realize this is not local but just in case.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yes they do, very nice shop and stays busy from what i understand.