Cooking advice

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Allioop, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

This is probably a matter of personal preference but I thought I'd ask. We are heading to the mountains on Friday to have a Thanksgiving meal with my dad. I want to take a sweet potato casserole. I'm going to prepare it at home. Should I bake it before I leave (it takes about 3 1/2 hours to get there) and then warm it up, or take it unbaked and wait until I get there to bake it?

2. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I would say prepare it ahead of time, just be sure you set it down inside of box lid or something in case it spills!

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

If he will be ready to eat when you get there, I would just bake it here, wrap it in towels and put it in a styrofoam cooler. It will stay hot a long time.

Or, you could bake it here, then just warm it in the microwave when you get there.

I always hate taking over the hosts kitchen if my dish isn't hot when I get there.

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Well, fortunately or unfortunately maybe :lol:, I will be the only "host in the kitchen". Only my dad, my husband and our kids will be there. My dad's providing the turkey and other fixings from a restaurant in Boone. lol! He doesn't cook at all. :lol: