Corona Virus - Johnston County

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Mar 12, 2020.

1. NJ2NC

NJ2NC Well-Known Member

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Latest stats for the US as a whole:

163,454,705 tests completed
    10,873,936 positive results
    248,585 deaths

6.6% of all people tested, tested positive
    2.2% of all those that tested positive, have died
    0.15% of all those tested, have died

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tesla-...ositive-and-negative-for-covid-19-11605251724
    https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/13/21563590/elon-musk-tests-postive-coronavirus-pcr-antigen

Elon Musk said Thursday night on Twitter that he has received mixed results after being tested for COVID-19 and is currently experiencing symptoms of a common cold. Musk says he was tested four times using a rapid antigen test: two tests came back positive and two came back negative. He’s also awaiting the results from two PCR tests but the results won’t be known for 24 hours.

"Something extremely bogus is going on. Was tested for covid four times today. Two tests came back negative, two came back positive. Same machine, same test, same nurse. Rapid antigen test from BD."

markfnc likes this.
  3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Wrongly assuming the tests were for different people which skews the percentages in unknown directions.

I suppose this indicates we should not trust those big pharma companies making these tests and by association all other tests, vaccines, and treatments not thoroughly reviewed and independently tested by outside sources because they must be doing shoddy work on these tests.

4. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

5. Wayne Stollings

6. Wayne Stollings

7. Wayne Stollings

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

9. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

I'm gonna get a vaccine when possible. Anyone who decides not to.......... Not my problem. I also wear a mask and use hand sanitizer 10 times a day. I don't want the Ronas.

10. Wayne Stollings

Unless you are in that small percentage who are not protected by the vaccine, then everyone else who does not get a vaccine is going to be your problem too. We are all interconnected as much as we would like to think that we are not.

11. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Hey, **** happens. I refuse to live in fear. I do my part and then proceed.

jesse82nc likes this.
  12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I will get the vaccine as soon as I can, after those who have priority over me. I will carry a card indicating I have done so, in my job it will almost be a necessity.

Qantas airlines said unless you get the vaccine they will not let you fly on their planes in the future!

13. jesse82nc

Depending on the vaccine, some are saying it could require up to 4 injections/doses every year. I do wonder how many would keep that up. That also means we would need over 1 billion doses in the US every year.

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Jesse, could you post that information about 4 doses annually? I haven't heard anything resembling that.

Thanks

15. jesse82nc

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/covid-19-could-immunity-last-at-least-6-months
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/c...s-after-infection-study-indicates-11603807362
    https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54902908

"given two doses of the vaccine, four weeks apart." - Several of the vaccines require 2 doses a month apart.

"The findings suggest that immunity to COVID-19 may wane over time, calling into question the idea of herd immunity, whereby at least 50% of a community can develop immunity to a virus and reduce person-to-person transmission."
    "So far in the pandemic there has been mixed research about the longevity and effectiveness of COVID-19 antibodies."
    "“We clearly see high-quality antibodies still being produced five to seven months after SARS-CoV-2 infection,” said Deepta Bhattacharya, associate professor of immunobiology, at University of Arizona College of Medicine."

A lot of research is still needed. But most of it is showing around 6 months of immunity, maybe a little more.

poppin cork likes this.
  16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Thanks

I haven't seen anything about needing 4 shots, but the 2 shot vaccine 4 weeks apart is pretty typical, just like the Shingles vaccine I had my 2nd shot on 2 weeks ago.

Covid 19 is the 2019 variant of covid and I would expect the virus to mutate and like the flu shot I get each year I may need another shot to help fight the latest variant.

17. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

220-230 - 11 days
    230-240 - 9 days
    240-250 - 6 days
    6 days is shortest time between 10k deaths since April. The only bright spot is in April we were at about 30,000 new cases a day, we are now about 160,000 new cases a day, so the death rate is far lower than in April compared to new cases. To compare Hospitalization in April were around 60,000 vs 30,000 cases per day. Now 90,000 hospitalized vs the 160,000 cases a day.

18. Wayne Stollings

The number of cases cannot be used for comparison of anything meaningful, as we have never had a sufficient testing program. The key metrics, which can be compared throughout, are the hospitalization rate and the death rate as a result of this failure to adequately test.