Corona Virus - Johnston County

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

BUT we will have NO TOILET PAPER to use with them .......

[​IMG]

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

https://www.bitsandpieces.us/

Sherry A., poppin cork, BobF and 2 others like this.
  3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

4. Wayne Stollings

I hit the grocery store this morning and other than my wife's one word on the list with usually multiple choices, it was relatively easy. I just bought what was left from the locusts earlier. There were only 6 ribeyes where she wanted stew beef so I got the last 4 after the guy beside me got his 2. No toilet paper, napkins, paper towels, hamburger, sugar, rice, pasta, and nearly no milk, bread, or frozen food. The odd part is there is no hurricane or snow storm approaching so there was peanut butter and beer.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Folks, hopefully everyone is healthy and practicing safe practices. I have been working the past few days on ways to keep the work place safe for workers and visitors and I have found a great easy to read document published by OSHA that could help your coworkers, their families, your customers and your companies get through this Pandemic.

This Document is called "Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19" OSHA Publication 3990-03 2020

https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf

6. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I think having you go to grocery store/Walmart needs to go even odd with your address and date of calendar. This would be better than complete lock down except grocery shopping. that's the issue now, people all still at wal mart.

Bluewillow and Hught like this.
  7. Wayne Stollings

In some countries access to the grocery store is predicated upon passing a temperature check too. if you have a fever you do not get in.

jesse82nc likes this.
  8. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

You really shouldn't even go out of your house to anywhere other people are if you are above 99.5 or so. Too much risk to others. But we can't trust people would self check.

Sherry A., Hught and Wayne Stollings like this.
  9. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

The 70's gas lines will tell you how well that idea worked.

Now we'll have Black Friday door rush at every retailer on every day. Woo Hoo cant wait for that "fear factor" law to come!!! Can I camp out in front of wally world now in preparation of more stupid rules??

One rule! One rule is all we need. Keep your butt 6' away from everyone else when in public. Then you fear factor freaks can feel safe and the rest of us don't have to be threatened with civil penalties for handling it in the manner we see fit. Logically and respectful of individual space.

I've been back packing the Blue Ridge for years. I was going to just disappear up there for a few weeks till you crazy people were done with your "Covid Drama" thing.

But guess what?? Your covid paranoia has the forest service shutting down the "woods". WTH is that supposed to accomplish??

For Gods sake quit running around like scared mice searching for holds of cheese and forcing others to follow your crazy path.

All your covid meme's, covid jokes, covid social faux pas scorns, covid empty shelf pictures, covid mis-facts and propaganda, covid commercials, covid bias, ....etc.

You crazy's have turned a disease and death into a cottage industry marketplace for drama and paranoia.

poppin cork and BuzzMyMonkey like this.
  10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

That’s the joy of social media.

11. Wayne Stollings

Wouldn't he have to be to put up with you for that long .... <rimshot> I know my wife had to be extra special to put up with me .... and I would have been paroled by now if I had killed someone ... <rimshot>

12. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

You have your specific health requirements and "everybody" else has theirs. You are no more special than the person next to you and you can't ask them to live in your health restrictions.

In your position "you" need to shelter in place... Period. I on the other hand do not. Don't ask me to relenquish my freedoms so you can feel safe in not doing the logical action for your circumstances. I'll respect your boundries and you respect mine.

This pandemic is new ground for this nation. And what I see now is how paranoia can quickly dictate the inappropriate seat of the pant actions to appease the fearful and "The sky is falling".

I have a 2 bug out packs and everything we need to distance ourselves from the virus and your logic is restricting my choice. How rude of you. And your lack of preparation for this instance of emergency.

13. Wayne Stollings

Actually YOU do need to do the same because EVERYONE is at risk although some are at more risk. Unless you are not interacting with anyone ...ever, your freedom to do as you please stops when and where it intersects the freedom of others. Period. If you look at the history of diseases in the US you will see this is not that unusual for the nation. There have been forced quarantines thoughout history before there was a US and many times since in the US. Look up Typhoid Mary to see how her freedoms worked for her.

Hught likes this.
  14. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I want to leave mass populated areas. I dont want to see you, come near you, touch you or anything to do with you at this time. All I want to do is disappear into the national forest. And you're one of the people stopping me.

I'm prepared for this emergency and you want me to sit here and endanger my family with those who are ill prepared?

I dont follow your logic or your direction. My choice. Don't ask me to change it because you think you know whats good for me. You cant, you don't, and you never will.

Forcing me to join your matrix of doom and gloom is ludicrous. The only thing I've ever trusted this nation to do is raid my wallet. I'm military trained and I know the sheep are the first to fall. What I want does not endanger you. No matter how many fallacies you present.

15. Wayne Stollings

I am not stopping you. You are free to go away to whatever getaway you have planned as far as I am concerned .... as long as you do not cause others to be threatened or trespass without permission on property that does not belong to you.

No, but you should have already gone if you wanted to protect yourself.

I do not know what is better or worse for you, but there are indications on what is better for the people around you.

And how am I endangering you by pointing out that you are not free to do as you wish without consideration for the rest of the people, just because you want to

poppin cork likes this.
  16. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

An awful lot of useless family history, "me me me", and a "know nothing" about my survival training, but no real answer to your stand in infringing on my rights?

Because maybe you have no grounds for that stand?

17. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Twist it any way you want. Flip it upside down. And give it a spin.

You agree with the restrictions being put in place and i don't. You think it's a good thing and I don't. But I still have to follow your way because what they are doing has your support and approval.

My consideration for your well being exceeds yours by the fact that I want to get away from you and the rules you endorse force me to stay in a danger zone.

Hands down, your not going to convince me to follow the little ball of conformity in a life or death situation. I'm not going to let a bunch of social media drama queens convince me in anything of strategic importance. I lived through a war. I'm not going to let some thumb typers ruin that achievement with a useless death.

PS: Should have thought of that before now? Really?? That's a real straw.

BuzzMyMonkey likes this.
  18. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

You sure are a condescending person at times here.
    You also act like you know a lot about this person I will assume you never met.
    I also find it amusing the times you have lectured others here on how they should act treat others.
    It’s good to know to there are some judgmental pr!cks here that feel everyone should see and feel the same as they do and waste no time calling out those who don’t. Just sayin,, enough said. Carry on I’ll get out of your way.

19. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Oh here we go down the road of social media scorning from the kingdom of the fabricated offended. Give us a break.

I said nothing about your family. I pointed out that you went on and on about family and never addressed your transgression. Just like the post I'm responding to.

Your eloquent runs down memory lane in a long long long long paragraph doesn't address the issue . Which, again, appears to be avoided by you.

20. Wayne Stollings

So you can go to your buyout location without any interaction with anyone else? No stopping for fuel, food, supplies .. ever? I have no problem with that as long as you hole up on property you have legal access to, but then again those people leaving New York City had the same idea and they seem to have spread the risk in the process.