Corona Virus - Johnston County

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I take it that you never looked up the life of Typhoid Mary

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

LOFL,,,at ACW and his directive on what can and can’t be done and what he has no problem with.

3. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Come on Wayne? Your smarter than that?

No stopping for fuel or food than it's OK? You're doing both of those right here and now and will continue to do. Essentials are not off limits here or anywhere else. And done with a respect for the space of others is fine.

Sounds like you're looking for reasons to say you see the flaws in the governments "lock up" approach to this pandemic?

Telling me "now it's ok" is a day late and a dollar short. They've closed my option. Your support for these measures, from the start, was the catalyst that brought them to fruition.

With an international shortage of tests, all our politicians, their families, and the entire White House have had the test. What are the odds we'll see that advantage? I'm not a conspiracy believer but I do know wealth and power hath it's privilege. Trusting your well being to a political conglomerate of dirty crooks isn't wise.

Trust no one, help those you can, and do what serves logic for your family. Oh yea, and like Honey Boo Boo, "Pray for the sheep"

4. Wayne Stollings

All within the SAME area which already has the same set of risk exposures, which is also to be minimized.

Or have some comprehension of risk management and why the controls are as they are.

They also gave you warning of the impending decision, which allowed you time to act IF that was your plan.

Tests are all good an fine, but they tell you the history to the point of the test, not whether there will be future exposure. You can test today and become infected tomorrow so everyone should always be suspect for infection.

I will, I do, and will always .... I even have TP to last and did before. ;)

5. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

More or less you want people to lay down and wait to see if they will become victims of mitigation. You're parsing human beings for their place in survival based on geographic location. You're playing God.

If our area becomes an infected death trap we'll just have to stay and die because you think that's best for all.

How white of you. You'll have to look elsewhere for a sacrificial lamb. I dont qualify.

6. Wayne Stollings

No, I am following the science. Covid19 is here it will not go away on its own. It may be lessened by environmental factors, but that is all that we can hope to see unless and until a workable vaccine is created. Once we can achieve the herd immunity the threat will be lessened but it will never go away.

If our area becomes an infected death trap it will be due to people like yourself who believe their freedom gives them special rights to put others at risk.

The only sacrificial lambs are those who believe that the economy is more important than lives and any of the poorer members of society they can sacrifice to the alter of money.

Be safe, as everyone should, and listen to the healthcare experts not the politicians.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    Hught likes this.
  7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Eek! by Scott Nickel for March 27, 2020

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Johnston County Reports First Death Related to COVID-19
    March 27, 2020
    9:30 a.m.

The Johnston County Public Health is reporting the first COVID-19 associated death in a Johnston County resident.

The individual died on March 26, 2020 from complications associated with the virus. The patient was in their mid-sixties and had underlying medical conditions. To protect the family’s privacy, no further information about this patient will be released.

Johnston County Health Director Dr. Marilyn Pearson stated “We are saddened to hear of this loss to our Johnston County community and extend our deepest condolences to the family and loved ones. Although most people will have mild to moderate symptoms with this virus, some will have a more severe illness. This reminds us all to do our part to decrease the chance of infection and stop the spread of the virus by following social distancing recommendations and staying home to the extent possible.”

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated who is at high risk for severe illness on March 22, 2020. People at high risk include anyone who:

· Is 65 years of age or older

· Lives in a nursing home or long-term care facility

· Has a high-risk condition that includes:

o chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma

o heart disease with complications

o compromised immune system

o severe obesity - body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher

o other underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, such as diabetes, renal failure or liver disease

In addition, pregnant women should be monitored closely since they are known to be at risk for severe viral illness. However, data so far on COVID-19 has not shown increased risk for severe

COVID-19 illness in pregnant women. While children are generally at lower risk for severe infection, some studies indicate a higher risk among infants

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Cooper has issued a stay at home order for all nonessential workers starting Monday and lifting April 29th.

I was supposed to fly out April 27th, wonder if that is going to happen.

11. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Science?? There's no science in isolating humans from a spreading viral threat. It's statistics and containment when you want to corral humans.

The moves being made right now are right out of the biological warfare manual. I questioned my instructor then with the "sheep" containment scenarios and the disregard for human life? And he gave the same line of bull. "What's best for the many."

I'm in the age group that doesnt live through this virus. And I'm not afraid of it because I know exactly how to avoid, protect, and deal with it on a personal level.

But then ..... you and your lockdown safety mythology scare the hell out of me. You turn human life into statistically acceptable loses and call it "science". And you want to do that through blackmail with civil penalties for disobedience. Seig Heil dude.

You know Wayne, I'm seeing here where sometimes you can be wrong in thinking you know someone's ideologies will always represent humanity. "All" of humanity.

You keep avoiding the hard line answer with page by page out of the book answers. Now that's a science.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  12. Wayne Stollings

Yes, it is science and has been science for centuries.

You do not seem to grasp that containment does not change anything for those initially infected, as there is nothing available for them, but it does change the infection rate for the others after that and thus gives a greater chance of survival .

And that would be isolation, which you were just claiming does not work.

Again, you should really read the story of Typhoid Mary before you make your decisions. If we were discussing the roundup of all suspected infected and their summary execution, there would be a difference. If we were discussing the roundup of all of the suspected infected and imprisoning them without supplies, there would be a difference.

All of humanity? Those who have not been infected should be infected because you are scared of containment? Where does your position help any of humanity other than your belief that it helps you?

What hard line answers? That people are going to get sick? Yes, they will because infected people were going through the population for far too long. That people will die as a result? Yes, the more who are infected means the more which will die it is math and science. Is there anything we can do? Yes, we can minimize the infection rate through the process of breaking the transmission through contact, which will make the survival rate of those fewer infected greater and lower the death rate. Will it eliminate the transmission of the virus? No, because people will fail in what they are told to do. Will it eliminate the death rate? No, because there will still be those infected.

[​IMG]

13. Wayne Stollings

14. BuzzMyMonkey

15. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Let me make this easy for you. You're right I'm wrong. Middle ground is to much of a climb for you.

All in all ... My right to survival superceeds your indoctrination of believing the men and women running this government won't sacrifice your life to achieve a positive political outcome to this pandemic.

Tell me they have this well in hand the next time you walk into a grocery store or go to wipe your butt.

They're behind by 'months' in preparation and coordination of your protection. And now they're throwing trillons of unearned money at you for being a sheep and the country is full of idiots jumping for joy and waiting for their free meal ticket in the mail. This government is untrustworthy and greed driven to the Nth degree.

If you want to show me charts and graphs show me the income levels of those who have died so far.

As for Typhoid Mary, this level of a pandemic has been projected over and over for the last 20 years. It was inevitable and a sure bet threat. And it's consistantly been ignored. Why? No one was willing to pay for the protection. So don't give me this Typhoid Mary dung in defense of an unprepared nation scrambling for ground that should have already been covered. They create Mary's with their incompetence.

And, life lesson learned, I'll never be blackmailed with imprisonment verses a chance on death by this nation ever again. I'll go to jail fighting and kicking first.

16. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Get a life Troll. I gave you the last say and you just can't quit you old biddy. You need to jump in on other conversations too for that "look at me" "look at me"!!

PS: Do those books you read have 100 page long paragraphs?

poppin cork and BuzzMyMonkey like this.
  17. Wayne Stollings

Now, now, you are much too intelligent to confuse the Freedom of Speech with ability of speaking one's mind to others. The Freedom of Speech is specific to the government imposing laws on the ability not that someone can or cannot say something to another individual. There is such a long and tenuous thread trying to connect the two that only someone ignorant of the actual Constitution would try to do so.

Because there is only the freedom to speak the owner of this board grants not the rights granted by the Constitution.

18. Wayne Stollings

No, there are some who would sacrifice the lives of others for personal gain, however, the actions being undertaken are the correct ones according to what we know of such epidemics working into pandemics.

No, they were over a month late in the response, which is why we are seeing the numbers we are now. That does not mean the actions now are any less necessary.

agreed, but this is a case of better late than never too.

agreed, but the actions concerning limiting contact are still valid.

I do not have that, but given the hot spots, such as Duke and the RTP the income levels of those are not low. The retired people in the home in Washington state, probably run more of a gambit, but they are community spread from international travellers.

Agreed, the warnings were there, ignored, and we are playing catch up as a result. The problem is the actions we are taking now are the same ones we should have been taking then. The threats are still the same because we still have no idea how deep the infection penetrates into our nation and we did not know that at the start either.

So if this had bee addressed a month a go in the same manner you would have opposed it? Two months ago? That seems to indicate your displeasure with the delay in action has been confused with the action itself.

19. BuzzMyMonkey

upload_2020-3-28_14-29-58.gif

poppin cork and ddrdan like this.
  20. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I made a simple joke about SS and Trump and you chimed in with a nasty insult. What did you expect from that point forward? You pre-judged me before you even responded.

And I'm supposed to take that "Almighty" attitude and live with it? With respect I let you have the last dig. But you just couldn't resist the opportunity to keep it going. You wouldn't turn the other cheek if Jesus slapped you?

Wow?? And now I'm ordering you around, taking away your freedom of speach, and insulting your womanhood?? Straight from the land of the social media drama club offended.

BuzzMyMonkey and poppin cork like this.