Corona Virus - Johnston County

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Mar 12, 2020.

1. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Here's what I got from that:

1. I want to be firm yet lenient.
    2. I like to be bold yet illusive.
    And my favorite....
    3. I like the grass on my side of the fence and the other side.

Run for office. You'll steal all Bernies voters.

Different tactic, I'll put it at the end this time.

You're right I'm wrong.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

3. Wayne Stollings

4. Wayne Stollings

Drawing on the historical methods based on the old outhouse stocks, I revived the use of the Sears and Roebucks catalog as toilet paper ....... but then it is now all digital .... how do you clean and sanitize a laptop? Also be careful as I seem to have ordered 58 Kenmore microwaves, as well.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Associated with Nursing and Rehab Center
    April 4, 2020
    2:30 p.m.

Smithfield, North Carolina – Three cases of COVID-19 have been associated with a Nursing and Rehab center in Clayton, the Johnston County Health Department reported on Saturday. The cases at the Springbrook Rehabilitation and Nursing Center have been with residents of the facility. Springbrook Rehabilitation and Nursing Center’s parent company is Principle Long Term, Inc.

Public Health Director, Dr. Marilyn Pearson stated, “The safety of all Johnston County residents is our priority. Upon notification of the initial positive case, facility management was contacted by the Public Health Department and we informed our partners at NC DHHS and the Division of Health Services Regulation.

A COVID-19 outbreak in a congregate setting is defined as two or more laboratory confirmed cases. Guidance was provided to the facility for long-term care settings from NC DHHS, including adhering to infection prevention precautions for residents and staff and limiting opportunities for the infection to spread to others in the facility.“

DWK likes this.
  6. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

Notice how it wasn't about Trump on 3/13? Now it is....

Funny how that works

7. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

The lack of a timely federal response that caused businesses to shutter, certainly falls on the Trump administration. The potential for a US pandemic had been well known since reports came out in early January, yet nothing was done. On a personal level, my son interviewed an infectious disease expert on his local radio program in January to discuss the virus, which aired in early February, so in our household, we naturally assumed that the administration was also paying attention, and in the process of ramping up efforts to combat the disease. That never happened. Instead, we got outright denial, dangerous misinformation, blame, and stunning incompetence, which unfortunately, we are still witnessing today. If contact tracing and early testing had been an actual priority of the Trump administration back in January and February, it would not have been necessary to close businesses and interrupt our daily lives to such an extent. More importantly, an earlier coordinated, federal response would have also prevented the deaths of thousands of Americans and counting.....

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    Wayne Stollings likes this.
  8. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

Libtards are going to blame Trump for everything. The dude closed off travel from China and was called a racist.

PelosiTard meanwhile stood up in Chinatown and invited everyone to visit because "it was safe."

Things couldn't have gone any more smoothly in the US yet the same ole idiots blame Trump. Russia, Kavanaugh, impeachment and now Corona.....it's always something and it's comical to those immune to TDS.

Libtards want the economy shut down because it hurts Trump where he was the most effective. Pathetic to think 20% unemployment is worth playing partisan politics...but welcome to today's Democratic Party.

9. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

So in your wisdom, you are claiming that if federal gov responded differently business’s wouldn’t have been affected??

10. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

OK then, wayne with panties. Where are your posts warning us in January and/or February? Looks like death and blood on your hands, Ms armchair quarterback with TDS.

11. Wayne Stollings

If you mean closed off travel from China for most of the people, yes, but over 10% of the pre-"ban" travel continued. If you got the truth included in these propaganda exhibits it would be better .... but then again that is asking a lot.

12. Wayne Stollings

So where were her intelligence briefings on the subject, you know the ones the President is supposed to get daily but are too long for the short attention span President? There were warnings given to those who were supposed to act upon them but did not.

13. Wayne Stollings

Not as heavily and not for as long. We were given extra time to prepare and the US leadership did not use that time to do anything other than hold political rallies and golf.

DWK likes this.
  14. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Thanks. dwk

15. poppin cork

Why then were the leaders of your Democrat Party not informing us in January and February. Instead they were saying it wasn't a problem and he was a racist.

16. poppin cork

BTW DWK. If you want to talk politics get your candy ass in the pit. If not, keep it out of the Discussion group.

Hught likes this.
  17. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

“Libtards want the economy shut down because it hurts Trump where he was the most effective”.

Your argument doesn’t make much sense, since many of the large cities that shut down early on, were the cities that suffered some of the greatest economic losses. So the thought of this being some sort of “liberal plot” is absolutely ludicrous. After infection rates soared in the large cities, and these cities started to shut down, the rest of the country followed their lead in order to slow down the high transmission rate of the virus, and hopefully prevent additional deaths. (At that time, we had no idea what this virus was going to do.) Those responses are the ONLY options that any country has left when preventive measures are not taken sooner, and a vaccine is unavailable. That’s where we are today. Trump did close off travel to China early on, that’s true, but that action was not enough to prevent the spread of the virus, as we can clearly see in the numbers of American deaths that continue to increase. A failure to respond quickly and adequately to protect American lives, and the economy, should be a priority of ANY president - regardless of their political party - but in this case there was absolutely a failure early on to take the virus seriously. I’m sure that many Americans, myself included, would like to see everything get back to normal, especially the economy, but because this virus was ignored early on, we are now, unfortunately, paying the ultimate price.

18. Wayne Stollings

They do not get the same briefings as does the President and the President has a history of not providing information to those he dislikes ..... the way he handled the "ban" was racist because he stopped travel for some and not all.

19. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

That was a failure too. The culture wars from both the Republicans and Democrats have done a very good job of keeping Americans, not only distracted, but also unprotected.

20. Wayne Stollings

Such language ..... bless your little heart.