Cosignment shop disappointment.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, May 11, 2011.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

After weeks of trying to find out something about my two consigned leather jackets from the owner of 'Fancy That' I now have come to the conclusion that it's a lost cause. It would have been nice if she had made an attempt of contacting me about it!

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Doesn't that just suck! :evil:
    Had that happen to me twice a couple of years ago. Once was with kids clothes. Then I used to make crafts and this lady had a shop in Fuquay, asked me to bring her some of my stuff - she'd like to sell it in her shop, so I did. When I checked with her about a month later, she'd closed! Then she wouldn't return my calls - FINALLY got her on the phone and she'd taken all of it to the flea market at the fair grounds and sold it - NEVER sent me a check like she promised.........grrr! Lesson learned! :banghead:

but, sorry it happened to you too. :neutral:

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Call the cops

4. AnnetteL

Thanks!

The lady at the Fuquay shop (name:Instant Karma?)-was her first name Cynthia,if so I'm still waiting for some money as well.

5. AnnetteL

Kind of reluctant to do so :neutral:

6. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member

small claims court is your only legal way to approach this

7. bandmom

and is it worth - are the items worth the cost and hassle of filing?

8. bandmom

can't remember her name - the shop name was something with the word Angels (I think?) it's been probably 10 yrs or more.

9. AnnetteL

It's probably not worth it for me,even though just one of the jackets cost around $300,it was of course used.

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Did you see if she belonged to the Clayton Chamber of Commerce. Maybe they have contact info for her. Not to mention they might be interested to hear how she has conducted her closing of the business and lack of communication with her consignment customers for future reference.

11. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I'm curious...how does this work? You give them something to sell and they keep a cut of the sales?

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

yep. that's exactly how it works. they usually charge a percentage.

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Five on your side?

14. harleygirl

:iagree::iagree:

You're probably not the only person who didn't get your items back.

15. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Plus send letter to editor at Clayton News-Star. Bad publicity will not be good for these former owners.

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thats a great idea... let them find her and then explain why she didn't communicate to her consigners that she was closing. She certainly gave the public notice that she was closing on her Facebook page.

17. AnnetteL

Just called the Clayton Chamber of Commerce,she used to be a member and all they have is her email address,I had tried to contact her by email through her website as well as through her facebook page before without any luck.
    If it was someone else I probably would have suggested 5 on your side also but since it's shy old me I'm not so sure. I certainly wouldn't want to be on TV ;)
    Thanks for the other suggestions as well,I really don't want to get her into any trouble which is why I'm reluctant to get the authorities involved :neutral:

18. harleygirl

It's basically STEALING!

I'd have her ***.

19. AnnetteL

Just contacted 5 on your side,we'll see how it will proceed from here...:neutral:

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:hurray: awesome, cuz' you know you can't be the only one she stiffed.