Cost of exterior house painting?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by LovingLife10, Apr 12, 2011.

1. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I posted this in the neighborhood forum by accident, so here it is again...

Anyone know approximate cost of having the exterior of a house painted? Is there a price per square foot? Or a different charge for two-story? The square footage if the house is about 2500, but I have no clue what the area of the exterior walls is.

2. LovingLife10

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

sorry i haven't had the house painted but i know that a friend needed painting done & i just called Dave and told him what it was and he was able to give a rough estimate by phone & of course it doesn't cost anything for an estimate if he comes out to actually quote it. He did the work and they were amazed at both the price and the expert quality work he does.

Dave Shaffer at Painting by Dave Shaffer 919-625-6064 and you can tell him Karen referred ya - good luck

4. LovingLife10

Thanks for the info. The only reason I haven't called to get estimates is because we don't actually own the house yet. We are thinking of putting in an offer as soon as our house sells, which could be very soon. I hate to waste someone's time by having them come out to a house we don't own. I think i will call Dave, and explain the situation. Thanks again for the info!:)