Cotton candy?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jlc007, Jan 10, 2013.

1. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen cotton candy lately? I've looked at Lowes and Walmart and it has disappeared. Need for party tomorrow to make cotton candy cosmos:cheers:
    Any help would be awesome!
    Thanks guys.

2. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Party City at White Oak might have it. Saw it at Five Below during Christmas too.

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I've been able to get it from Food Lion and Lowes Foods in the past. Usually over in the produce section (why I have no clue!)

4. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

No joke...take-out from Golden Corral. It's good cotton candy and super cheap because they charge you by weight.

5. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I was gonna suggest the Dollar Store, but I'm sure this has it beat. 8)

6. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

Having checked Food Lion, Lowes, Michaels, Party City and Walmart....stopped by Golden Corral and got a huge bag for $8......thanks so much...you rock. :hurray:

7. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Wow, had to go back and read OP again...thought it said "need to make Cosmos for a party at work tomorrow". I was about to ask for a temporary position! :lol:

Years ago, the girls in my office and I used to drink Screwdrivers in the morning; our boss just thought we had some really good juice!

By the way, thanks for the tip about getting cotton candy @ Golden Corral...never thought about that!

8. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Whodathunk!

9. canesfan

canesfan Active Member

JR's in Smithfield

10. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

2not2....lol....that made me laugh.
    Had a great time last night with the Cotton Candy Cosmos....had an Initials Inc. party and the girls loved all the cute stuff but I think the cosmos were the hit of the night. ;)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  11. 42Local

Share the recipe!

12. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

13. 42Local

Lol...thanks for the Google lesson. I've had some gross cotton candy martinis and cosmos, so I was hoping for a good one. Not all internet recipes are created equal.

14. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

That is true...hope you find the one that works. One of the recipes I posted said it was like being thrown from a tilt-a-whirl if you aren't careful (so strong). :cheers:

15. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

Sharing recipe.....

I don't make mine very strong....so you can always double the vodka if you'd like ;)

1 martini glass filled with cotton candy.
    1 shot of your favorite vodka.
    1 shot of cranberry juice
    1 shot of white cranberry juice or white grape juice
    1 shot of pineapple juice
    1 squeeze of lime juice

Pour liquids over cotton candy and stir.

Yummy! :cheers: