credit card ?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cynadon, Feb 21, 2016.

1. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I was at the local store today and saw this. A girl (maybe 20) in front of me purchased 2 gatorades for about 3$ on a credit card. Then she bought a pack of camels and 2 five hour energy shots on another card (11$). She had at least 10 cards in the deck, maybe more, cause I watched as she shuffled through the pile. One card had a photo which was not her.

I Know its none of my business, but golly. I run my empire with one card and get ID'ed occasionally. She ought to have been id'ed for the cigarettes, not to mention having a 3/8 inch stack of cards.

2. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

Maybe her roommate said, "Hey, while you're going to buy a Gatorade, use my card and get a pack of Camels and 2 energy shots".

You may have witnessed a master criminal, or a regular everyday occurrence.

3. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Did stuff like this a ton in college. Like Smithers said, probably has roommates and each asked for something.

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

To be fair, they also could be debit cards. I use my debit card to make small purchases all the time. I also have a Sheetz card, I get an extra 5 cents off a gallon and for every so many dollars I spend there, I get a gift card for free. So I use that for $1-3 purchases in the store all the time.

Also one could be an EBT card. You can only purchase certain things on those cards. So they may have to split the order for that.

But I do agree, it is a little sketchy. But just a little in today's society.

Sherry A. and Auxie like this.