CRITTER COUNTRY - RACHEL's CLEARANCE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Mar 12, 2010.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ok folks, our favorite mobile groomer, Rachel once again got dumped on by someone that said they were gonna buy the store and keep it going with her doing owner financing to help them out, what is this the 3rd time she is stuck with the bills, the rent, the debt and the mess they left behind!!!!! So she has finally given up on selling the business, after the last 3 wanna be owners have totally left her in the lurch and not paid the rent or the payments on the business , she is gonna permanently close the doors:cry: i truly hate it cause Rachel is the best and has always been there for me and my pets over the years and truly did not deserve to go through all this but it happened. Anyway, she has got to get everything out of the building this weekend and is gonna just have a sidewalk/inside store clearance just to get rid of it and try to recoup a fraction of the money she has lost the last couple of years. So if you have a pet and need anything, stop by this weekend and see what is left, everything has to go. So sad to see the end of one of the longest running local businesses in our 4042 community. Not sure of the hours yet but will post as soon as i know but if you are running around tomorrow or Sunday, stop by and check it out and let's help someone out that has helped a lot of us out over the years with our 4 legged and winged children. Luckily though the store will no longer be there, Rachel will still continue her second successful business Curbside Clips so though the store is gone, her wise advice and help will still be available:grouphug:

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

P.S.: hope the bird stuff doesn't go before i get up there

3. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

Is this the place that behind DQ up by 40/42? Do you know if they sell fish tanks? We have been looking to get one, so maybe now a good time if they do.

Thanks

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

JenniferK has one for sale in the "looking for" thread.

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yep sure is and i am not sure what all is left but i do know they did sell fish tanks, they also had a lot of tanks that they kept the fish for sell in, so could be some good deals.

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That sucks.

I'll be by today after work.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

bump, she will be up there tomorrow too starting around 10am and everything has to go.

8. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

is there much left?

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

there was this evening

10. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I will stop by today if she is there and see what she has..
    Sheri

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i will be up there around 11 or so. If you still have the cookies, let me know and maybe i can get them from you.

12. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

We stopped by yesterday & purchased lots of greenies. My son spent some of his birthday money on a wheel for his friends rat. He also bought a nice dog crate for a very nice price. I bought a praying mantis kit that should be fun for the kids.

13. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I was able to get a little bird food, and a nice big bird toy for my grey..umm some other things as well. She has so much work left to do..and there was still some stuff left when I drove by a hour ago.
    Sheri

14. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

does she have fish?

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

nope.. no fish.. infact she said when she went in to start clearing stuff out there were no animals/fish/reptiles or snakes.

I got a couple of great size litter boxes from her on Sunday afternoon when I went by. She had everything except store fixtures out on the sidewalk and said that whatever she hadn't sold at the end of the day she was going to donate somewhere and take the tax writeoff.

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yeah, she told me you stopped by, DH was in the back helping pack up when you were there, i got there later and got a lot of stuff for my dogs and parrots at a great price

17. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

Of course this had not reflection on the owner-- but we bought one of the praying mantis kits as well. I was really disappointed to open it and find out that all I got was a plastic and mesh cube. I still had to pay and sent off for the mantis eggs and food. It was a good thing I got it at 70% off.