Cub Scout popcorn

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tatertot36, Aug 28, 2010.

1. tatertot36

tatertot36 Well-Known Member

It is that time once again. This year you can order directly from Trails End and have your order benefit individual boys. No more waiting for your order to be hand delivered - it will be shipped directly from Trails End. Go to www.trails-end.com and use scout codes 7110270 or 7110274 and my boys will get credit for your order. Thanks for supporting Scouting!

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:popcorn:

3. tatertot36

tatertot36 Well-Known Member

My boys will be glad to meet someone and take their order and money and then get back with you when the popcorn is delivered in November. However, most people do not want to give money to people they don't know and wait for a product to be delivered. I will not place an order for someone I don't know and hope they are around when the popcorn comes back in. This way, you can still support Scouts even though you don't personally know someone in Scouting. I also never said that they were earning anything but rather that they got credit for your order.

4. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I think what he means is they aren't earning the credit themselves..like going door to door or setting up tables ect. I know, it's not the same as GS cookies where they have them right there and they are getting it.

5. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

What is your deal?? I have seen many a post by you where you are all high and mighty- You must be a perfect person with perfect children. Running for President anytime soon?? or Pope? maybe Sainthood is in your future? Get off your high horse and get a life. I know- you could be a Scout Leader!!! they actually make a difference in young boys lives.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Did it occur to you that perhaps he HAS been a Scout leader? :?:

Speaking as someone who has a scout and is actually heading up our popcorn drive..................perhaps he was a bit stong in his opinion, but I can see where he's coming from. My son will be going door to door as he has in the past. I have shamelessly posted here regarding the popcorn sales here in the past and have on FB as well. I am hoping my distant relatives might be able to use the website this year as they have made it easier.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

To be fair.........maybe her kiddo is too..............I've posted on here before if anyone wanted popcorn to hit me up and I didn't get beat up too bad. BUT, DS definitely sold most of his popcorn door to door, that and his realtives. :mrgreen:

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's all good on my end. :cheers:

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for my brochure to be sent to me missy....so I can do my part. :p

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I know!! I suck!! LOL It's in my car, I tried to get to it all weekend. It's been CRAZY!! I can prolly get it done at lunch today. I'm excited that they have changed the packaging this year. : )

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yeah, great thread! PM me your son's # kdc.

Or, you can bring him by for face to face. :cool:

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Will do! ; )

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

As an Eagle Scout (Yes I know that probably shocks most of you) I agree with PRM in this. When I was in scouts it was all about getting out and being in the public eye and interacting with the general population. You learn a lot of good interactive skills and how to handle and deal with different people in different walks of life. Our biggest fund raisers were always selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, here is something else to add to the debate. I am embarrassed to admit that I hadn't perused the Trail's End website because I was too worried about getting the info to the boys at the kick-off about the incentives. I finally got to look last night, there are a LOT more options on the website than is available in the door-to-door brochure. Sooooooo..........while I agree that the boys definitley need to do their part (and mine is and has) I really don't see too much harm in giving folks options that you might not be able to meet face-to-face yet still want to help your Troop. Grandma in Timbuktu might still want to buy some popcorn, ya know? 8)

I think we are all pretty much on the same page, nothing more to see, LOL

15. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

I have 2 grandsons in scouts-so I have to buy equal amount from both. Most troops use their part of sales for things such as 1)replacing old equipment 2)food at camping events 3)those pesky emergencies that come up 4)etc-which is many, many other thinks important for scouting.:popcorn:

16. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

My daughter is a junior Girl Scout and well the cookies are the thing, them girls sat out in the cold and froze their butts off, on top of my own daughter setting her own table up at my parents business in Raleigh on the weekends. Also hit up the neighborhoods before the booths started! My daughter was the 3rd top seller in Johnston county. Did I take a brochure to work, heck yeah they bugged the crap out of me if I didn't take their order, my daughter collect the money and she delivered them. My family hardly bought any, maybe 10 boxes out of the 1100 she sold.
    She did get a few to donate off of FB, but it went to the troops.
    I will tell you when she got her bronze metal for getting 3rd place, you couldn't get a bigger smile from her, she is very proud of what she did, and she also didn't want to see a Cookie box for a long time. lol. That time of year is coming up in January and she plans on beating that goal, she is already scoping out neighbors she wants to hit. lol...my little sales girl!
    Sheri

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No flames please, I'm only asking 'cause it's the scouts. Last call for popcorn orders for Troop 24. I'm collecting orders from the boys tonight and they would appreciate your support. PM me if you have a need (or a want :jester:). They have worked hard out there in the community going door to door as well. :hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

You even might have seen some of our industrious fellas planting trees along Hwy 42 early Sat morning. 8)

Thanks much!!

18. doggy

doggy Well-Known Member

WOW .... are we really worried about how the boys earn thier much needed $? Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts, they all go door to door, have the booths in public and ALL PARENTS take that order form to work and sell it. Don't be so hard on the boys because the scouts are making it easier to buy online. The popcorn is great and I buy it every year but I'd like to see them sell something else, and for not so much money. Sometimes I only have enough to buy single packs. Better than nothing though. Much luck boys!

19. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

We should be getting our popcorn soon, right?

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Troop 24 is having theirs delivered to the Troop on the 10th, it still has to be broken out and distributed to individual scouts, who should be getting it to you soon after. I don't know what the schedule is for any other Troops.