Curious to see the reaction on this one......

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by JenniferK, Jun 17, 2005.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Somone would have a real problem on their hands if one of those dogs bit a a child or attacked a person or another family pet. The Chief would have been sued and probably lost his job over that. What else could he do, I'm sure he exhausted all other options. Sometimes we are faced with difficult decisions and that was one of them. If a dog attacked me waking my kid or Shelby, I'd shoot it. You have to defend yourself, your family and your pets!

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Harleygirl, I agree basically he was in a difficult situation and handled it in a responsible way.

5. dundreamn

dundreamn Guest

better way

since somebody was feeding them, why didn't they just put some sedatives in the food, we do this when we need to take one of our feral cats to the vets instead of trapping. They make knock out drops for dogs too. By the way, tranq guns are hard to use you really have to be skilled to make sure you get them, and I've seen it take 3 to put a running dog down. Adrenaline and sometime outweigh tranqs.

6. JustAThought

JustAThought Well-Known Member

who else agrees that this was okay to do like Harley and Hught?

Do you agree ANIMAL LOVER?? What about you Zookeeper???

7. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I think the man did what he had to do. I saw him on the news last night and he didn't seem to be happy about what he felt he was forced to do. I agree with what he did though because as an officer of the law, he has to look out for the public's safety. Obviously the dogs had not been vaccinated. What if one had bitten a child, or worse?

8. Anonymous

I think that they did what they had to do.

9. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I agree. In fact I had to do the same thing to packs of strays when I still lived at home on the farm. The dogs would chase the livestock and I would have to eliminate them since there was no animal control to call and even the deputies were at best a 30 minute drive away .... The local town's cops even called me once to shoot a dog that had been hit by a car because they did not want to shoot it with their service revolvers.

10. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Why don't you go tally up all of the screen names you've had in the past year and a half and get off my cloud!

11. zookeeper

I always get a kick out of that squirrel :lol:

12. JustAThought

you didn't answer the question vickil. Do you agree with what the sheriff did??? yes of NO??

13. zookeeper

Who is vickil?

If I was vickil, why would I even bother to answer a post where no matter what I said I would be hung upside down and dragged through the mud by some psycho who does nothing other than gripe on message boards under all kinds of different names?

My best advice to all of you is just ignore this person and all of their entities. Yes, one of the personalities calls themselves Pat, and according to IP numbers, apparently there is someone with that and a Sherlock Holmes sidekick sirname attached to that IP at times. So there are what 2 humans in this playing games?

I have no further comments to make to you no matter what name/s you decide to call yourselves. If everyone here is as smart as I think they are they will just let you play by yourselves, you certainly have enough screen names to start a football team by now. Toodles

14. JustAThought

i guess you agree.. typical JCAPL mentality!

15. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Jumping to an unfounded conclusion ... typical mentality of those with no sound position

16. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Go ahead and start bashing JCAPL again. The animals could use some more donations!

17. JustAThought

And I'm the crazy one???

That is funny!! People are learning the truths about JCAPL and Saving Grace!!!

There is going to be a big announcement soon!! Keep your PROGAS LOBBY hats on!!!!!

18. Anonymous

Gee, I can't wait to hear the big announcement.

19. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Why don't you tell us something we don't know. Some of us know the announcement already :wink:

20. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Yes we do.