Cute card games...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 2not2, Feb 9, 2011.

1. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

If you have a family game night or the kids are stuck in the house, here are a couple of great card games to play. The first is "SCRABBLE SLAM"; we have had this for a while and we ALL enjoy playing it. It is simple, you start with a word and each player takes a card from their hand and replaces a letter to make a new word. Can't remember what the suggested age is on it, but, as long as your child can spell four letter words (not THOSE four letter words!) easily, they should be able to play, too!

Yesterday, I picked up another card game called "BLINK"; whatever the card is on top, each player has to be able to match it by either, shape, color or number. The suggested age is 7 and up, but my 6 year old twins picked it up quickly and loved it!

I bought both of these at Wal-Mart for around $5.00 each; not alot to pay for hours of fun!

2. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

just found a Q for a Free Hasbro Card Game when you buy a Hasbro game for $9.99 or more. One of the free games pictured is Scrabble Slam! The others pictured are Sorry Revenge, Monopoly Deal, and Pictureka.

3. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Scrabble Slam is fun. :)

4. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

My favorite game is Scrabble, and I can never get anyone in the house to play with me. But, as soon as I mention "SLAM", my 8 year old is there...and he usually beats me!

5. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I kicked my family's butt. :)
    My favorite game is Yatzee, but they usually run when I mention it.

6. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

OMG get Monopoly deal...If you like reg monopoly, even if you hate it, you'll like Monopoly deal.

We play all the time when we have family nights, or friends/family over

We even made our own house rules to kinda make our games more, shall I say, mean. We like to steal cards back and forth and such...it's a great game cause the tables can turn in an instant. And you could easily finish a game in 5 minutes--though most are 15 minutes

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

First game my Mother taught me after solitaire was SheepHead, of course I am not sure how "cute" it is.