CVS 50/210 SAY WE DON'T READ SCRIPTS

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by TheSantaFeMan, Mar 18, 2013.

1. TheSantaFeMan

TheSantaFeMan Active Member

CVS 50/210 say they didn't read my scripts and just submitted them all and see which ones BCBS accept. I went for an annual physical today and my doc called in a script for an antibiotic for me as well as updating my refill scripts for my BP/collestoral meds. He told them to hold my BP/collestoral meds until I requested them. Asked my wife to pic up the one script and when I get home I have two. She said they gave her one bag and she didn't know there were two there until she got home (she was picking up meds for one of my kids as well). When I called CVS at 50/210 the woman in the pharmacy said that they received two scripts and filled two scripts. When I told her no, you received more than two and that they said hold until requested she said well we put them all through and fill whichever ones clear. I said so you don't read the scripts and she repeated the same incompetent answer. I will be calling BCBS and reporting this as insurance fraud tomorrow and see what happens. Maybe I'm right maybe I'm wrong....I'll let BCBS decide. They are constantly auto-refilling scripts without our permission and I am done with them. Anyone with me?

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

So............I read it on both sides and it still makes no sense. Good luck with that.

3. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

You have other options...just sayin'

4. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Whenever I go to my doctor, she just sends in whatever meds I am on (diabetes, thyroid, high blood pressure, cholesterol...you name it :)) - new rx for when I will need them. I pay attention to any changes (switching rx, or a new one) she recommends, and when I go into the pharmacist, I have a list of the actual prescriptions I need to pick up. Most of the time, they have them ALL filled - the ones sent earlier that day. As long as BCBS does not think it is too soon to fill them, or a different doseage, they will approve them. I just tell the pharmacist that I am not ready to pick up the others, but to keep it on file. It is the customer's responsibility to be clear what meds are to be picked up. Also if there is a generic - sometimes the doctor neglects to sign on the "approved for generic substitution" line, and the pharmacist can contact the doctor on your behalf to fill it with a less expensive generic. Playing an active role in your health care plan is so important; you, your pharmacist, your doctor, and your health insurance are all on the same team. It is a matter of keeping track. The pharmacy fills a LOT of prescriptions, and if the doctor doesn't specifically request a hold on an rx (which they probably don't, assuming it will go on file), it will automatically go through if approved. I call the pharmacy before I go, to make sure we are in agreement about what I will be picking up and how much I'll paying, even requesting a 3 month's supply most of the time (cheaper), Please do not condemn the pharmacy for doing its job; just make sure you have better communication, and can work together the next time.

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

There is a rash of endless paragraphs tonight. Either that or I need Adderall.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Or both! :mrgreen:

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Really? I understood what the poster was saying. Maybe you guys should read it again and a little slower.