D.R. Wells meat sale

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by kaci, Jul 30, 2007.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Anyone have any confirmation on the rumor that they are having another truckload sale at DR Wells this Thur, Fri and Sat? i usually get a flyer advertising it and have not seen anything yet.

2. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

flyers are in the store.

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

So is it this Thur, Fri, and Sat? Also do you have any details on what they will have on sale? My freezer just ran out from the last sale and i am holding off till the next.

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks to Rcarp i made a quick call to my son who was over near Wells and he picked up the flyer. Unfortunately it is not a truckload sale this time but a cooler sale and it is not this weekend but the weekend following:cry: We are going camping next weekend so i was really hoping to pick up some good buys to cook out on the beach.

5. le

le Well-Known Member

The cooler sale last year was darn good, just cold! I was counting on it this weekend too tho. The freezer is getting low - only 2 wells chops in it oh my!

6. tawiii

tawiii Guest

What's the difference between a truck sale and a cooler sale?

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Actually, i have no clue. All i know is that the last sale they had they called it a truck sale and you walked into the freezer truck and picked out what you wanted. Hopefully someone will be able to let us all know the difference.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I did the cooler sale once. Stopped by the truck sale the last time, but it was so nuts, I decided not too. If I'm in town, I will try again.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

So, what is the difference? What type of cooler are they talking about?

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

They just opened up the the big walk-in coolers in the back, there were a couple of rooms to go through if memory serves (it was COLD in there, LOL!). The truck was just out in the parking lot with steps up into the back of it.

11. tawiii

tawiii Guest

So other than location, it's pretty much the same? Were the prices the same?

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL! My memory is NOT that good! It's been months.............I did pick up some gorgeous t-bones in there today for $6.49/lb.

13. le

le Well-Known Member

I remember the cooler sale to have been better than the truck sale. More room for more good deals. Just take a sweater, seriously!

14. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Hahaha..........I'll do good to remember the sale period :lol: .

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks everyone for the info - marking it on the calendar to head up there next week:-D

16. le

le Well-Known Member

Ya'll don't forget the cooler sale. Whatta great few days for it! I was still a bit chilly in that cooler after the first few minutes but the deals were well worth it!

17. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

The inside of the Cooler would have felt great today!

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Actually after about 3 minutes it was cold, my sweat jacket i brought along came in handy and i got some great deals - still wrapping meat at the time:-D

19. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Can you buy a small amount and still get a deal or do you have to buy a certain amount?

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yeah, they have things in small quantities too like hamburger, smoked sausages, chicken breasts, bacon, etc. The only things in large quantities are like the whole pork loins, beef loins and such.