Dance Class

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ahlsmiles, Feb 10, 2010.

1. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

Just wanted to pass on the information.......I know a few of us were talking about dance classes in the area a few weeks ago, so I wanted to share the info.

I've been taking a cardio dance class at Step Ahead Dance Studio behind Food Lion on 42. The teacher is GREAT, its a fun workout but you will definitely feel it the next day as she incorporates lunges, squats, etc.

Classes are every Tuesday at 7:45pm and the first class is free! The instructors name is Raquel.

2. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

How much are classes and how long is the commitment? Thanks.

Stephanie-- mom to 7

3. ahlsmiles

The first class was free, $10 per class thereafter or 5 classes for $40.00.

Stop by next week. I'll be the crazy girl off beat, sweating like a pig. (haha)

4. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Not a bad price. I do think I'd like to check it out. Will they call an ambulance if you collapse?-- LOL. I've been doing some basic low impact cardio. I'd like to do something else though & think this would be fun. Are there some other beginners or will I be the only one looking totally ridiculous? I do think I'm going to try this one time this month to see if I'd survive it. Thanks for letting us knwo about it.

Stephanie-- mom to 7

5. ahlsmiles

No, all of us are beginners! We don't judge, we're all there for the same reason. I enjoy going for that very reason. She makes it fun though, you often don't realize how much time has passed.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  6. DancerRaquel

DancerRaquel Guest

Cardio Dance

Thanks Teresa for this posting. I do like to make the class fun and friendly! You do not need to be a dancer to join the class... I can modify anything with the choreography to fit your needs. So, don't be scared of the 'dance' in the class title. ;)