Day Spa / Massage

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Grinder, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Gift certificate for my wife's birthday. Who what, where, when and why?

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

local to here in Clayton I'd suggest Botanicals II

As to why the wife has loved them every time she has been.

3. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

I have only been to one spa, Skin Sense and I love it. I love the atmosphere and being able to shower afterwards. A lot of places that do massages, but aren't full spas don't offer that. A shower for me is a must afterward. Gotta get all that oil off. Just my two cents.

4. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

Mitchell's at Cary Towne Center is awesome...massage, nails, lunch, pampering...a little expensive, but she'll be treated like a queen. Nice job on picking the gift! ;)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Because she's freakin' awesome. :mrgreen:

6. Grinder

Harley...you are 100% correct :)

Thanks all, for the suggestions.

7. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Alossi's Renewal Spa in Garner by the new Anfessa'a is always running specials on facebook and it is locally own and ran. The owner works there and truly does a great job. I also Love Skin Sense.... Not big on the Raleigh location but like the Cary one better (nicer people - lol)

8. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

What kind of massage? Swedish or deep tissue?

9. Grinder

Probably Swedish. Ive had a few deep tissues and they hurt :)

Mostly just some pampering. She deserves it for putting up with me.

10. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

Moonshadow in Cary is a lot better than the big-box chains. They also got voted Citysearch #1 in the Triangle a couple years back

466-9494

11. greengoddess

greengoddess Active Member

I recommend either Skin Sense in Cary or Blue Water Spa in Raleigh.

12. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

requested a deep tissue massage once b/c i was seriously tensed up. aside from labor and a broken arm, nothing has hurt me worse...temporarily, though. i felt a lot better a couple minutes after it was over. but the swedish massages over the years had similar enough effects. of course halfway through one massage i went into labor for real...but that's a different story altogether. :)

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

If you call or stop by Botanicals out on Hwy 70, be sure to schedule it with Bruce... he is wonderful!! He is an older gentleman, very professional, this is what he is doing for his retirement.

I think an hour and a half massage is $95 (don't hold me to that though)

14. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Agreed! And Michael at the North Raleigh location is the bomb! I've been going to him for 3 years now.