Daycares, summer camps and afterschool programs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mandmdad, Apr 13, 2011.

1. mandmdad

mandmdad Well-Known Member

Hi, we just moved to the 40/42 side of town and I am looking for some recommendations for daycare/afterschool type programs on this side of town for when the kids are off on teacher workdays/holidays or with the summer coming up. My girls ages are around 9. Thanks for your help!

2. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

My daughter loves the YMCA summer camps. Last summer I signed her up for two weeks. She was jealous of the kids that got to go all summer. Since I don't work fulltime, I didn't want her there all summer! They also have the option of half-day camps and sports camps. The camp is held at Clayton Middle School. (or at least it was the past couple of years)

http://www.ymcatriangle.org/Johnston_County_YMCA.aspx

3. DeniseL

DeniseL Well-Known Member

We tried Kids Playhouse last summer and was not impressed. They mix all the age groups together, which is OK for older kids but not the younger ones.

4. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Check out Kids Clubhouse on Cleveland School road, right next to the Dollar General and Exxon. Mark is fabulous, the staff is great, the kids do a ton of activities all summer long, including a trip to Wet n Wild (optional). My daughter went last year and loved it so much, she stayed in after school care all year. and, the price is very reasonable in my opinion.