Deadline is tomorrow ...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Melynda, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Vote closes Sep 30, 2009.

Please take a few minutes to go to http://booksforkids.firstbook.org/whatbook/index.php and choose NC as the place to send 50,000 new books. NC is currently 3rd in the running, and the winner is simply the state with the most votes.

You are not required to answer "What book got you hooked?" and "Why?" unless you choose to do so. You may go straight to "Where would you like to send 50,000 new books?" and vote for North Carolina.

You can vote once a day.

This is an easy way to get 50,000 free books for NC kids!

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

just voted..

3. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting! This is the first time I've ever heard of it. Why didn't the NC public schools send something out I wonder? Would have been an effective way to reach parents. Maybe we should tell the principals of local schools. What do you think? I'll spread the word to folks I know but schools would be a faster way to reach a larger #. Thanks for sharing. 3rd is not far off & we can campaign and get votes quickly for the state!

Stephanie--mom to 7

4. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

done and forwarded to the entire office!

5. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Voted & passed the message on Facebook as well. I'm sure we can slide into # 1 if we all give a last minute push. Good luck to NC!!!

6. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

done! Stephanie - I think it said the deadline is tomorrow, so maybe "our school" just heard about it? I did it on my phone so couldn't really read the website, just a thought.

And this is your school telling you about it, that's what Melynda does for the school, remember? Spreadin' the word! :jester:

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

8. cece

cece Well-Known Member

Voted.... Website says that there are 2 days left to vote.

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

bump

today is the last day

vote vote vote

and NC is up from 3rd, in 2nd place now!!!

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

also, you don't have to answer any questions, just go to the part that says WHAT STATE DO YOU WANT THE BOOKS TO GO TO.....and choose NC.

:hurray:

11. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

12. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

me too!