Dental/Denture Advice

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Oct 29, 2014.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I know there are 700 threads about local dentists, but I am in need of something a little more specialized.

Briefly, what's left of my teeth are slowly starting to break. My teeth took some serious damage from two pregnancies, and because of the decalcification, and break down, I've had several teeth extracted.

Of the teeth I have left, NONE can be saved without a crown/root canal/or very extensive and expensive dental work.

I'm done, I either want/need full dentures, or two large partials to anchor onto the few teeth that I have that are worth saving.

Here's my problem. The dentists that I've seen in this area aren't interested in doing that. They all want to move forward with root canals, crowns, etc...

Problem one, is that this is very expensive treatment, and even if I could afford it, I would still not have "pretty" teeth. Problem two is, that's not what I want. I've suffered through this for years, and I am adament about what I want done.

Does anyone here work with someone who isn't as interested in the treatment that costs more, but within their ethical standards will focus more on what the patient wants?

Thanks!

2. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

I have a friend that went to Sexton in Florence. $600 bucks later they had a nice set of dents. Not sure if that helps or not.

3. JenniferK

It very well may. Thanks SC!

4. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

5. Wayne Stollings

The father of a woman who worked for me got a complete set of dental implants from the students at UNC Chapel Hill at a very reasonable price several years ago. That may be another option to consider.

6. JenniferK

Maybe I should clarify...

It's not that I can't find a place to get them, it's that I can't find a dentist willing to do it. Every single one I've seen says I'm too young to lose my teeth and get dentures and quotes some moral or ethical standard in which they refuse to do it.

7. Wayne Stollings

The places which specialize in dentures might not have the same qualms as they do not generally provide full service work.

Implants are also viewed differently than dentures by some dentists.

8. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

If you go to the Affordable Dentures in Fayetteville (right off I95 at exit 55), plan on getting there about an hour before they open to get in line. They don't do appointments. BIG crowds!

9. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Cary office is the same

Went by to drop off a coworker at 6:30 am and there were 20 or so people already there in line. Not sure how many they take in a day.