dish network

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Sep 13, 2011.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

anybody else having problems with their dish network?

Our went out this afternoon, we've been gone for a while, and we get home and it's still out! The 1-800#'s are all busy, so I'm assuming something's going on. Funny thing is we can watch some of the channels on the bedroom tv, but not all of them are coming up. But can't get anything on the living room one, and it's the one the dvr is connected to, I can watch dvr'd shows, just no channels? I tried the website - it doesn't come up right either? :confused: :banghead:

2. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Ours is fine...haven't lost it in a while.

3. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I'm watching mine right now, and I was when you posted. Is yours back on???

4. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Found this on their website:

HD Channel Outage

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Sept. 13, 2011 - We are currently experiencing an interruption affecting the 129 orbital satellite location causing an HD signal outage in some areas. We have identified the issue and are working as quickly as possible to get your channels restored. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Until these channels are restored you can watch most Standard Definition channels by pressing the menu button on your remote control, and selecting Program Guide. Or you can access your DVR content by pressing the DVR button.

If SD channels are not visible in your Program Guide you can enable them by pressing the Menu button on your remote control, selecting Preferences and then Guide Format. Select HD and SD in the Channel Preferences field in the bottom right corner of the screen.

I don't have HD, so I guess that's why I'm not having problems.

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Thanks, that must be it. However, we couldn't get any channels before, but we can now - just still none of the HD ones.