Do Not Call List

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Why is it that politicians and charities do not need to adhere to the "do not call list'?

Most of the time its unknown numbers that you can not decyfer. and those do not get answered.

This time it showed up as a persons name a Weller, Luisa M @ 910-515-3297 and it was a man on the phone. And it was a call for some democratic politician. I told him I have no money to give and he wanted me to volunteer for a phone bank in downtown Clayton. I just hung up on him.

ARRRGH!!!!!!

2. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

As soon as I hear the 'click-buzz-wait' of an autodialer I hang up (..if I even pick up in the first place- thanks caller ID!)- I'm way beyond courtesy in this case, regardless of the charity or cause.

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

This wasn't one of those 'click-buzz-wait' of an autodialer. It was more like a call from a family member or friend. Otherwise if it was one of those autodialer I would of hung up before anyone had said anything. I think its a new technique.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I was working with Verizon at the time and this law specifically excluded charities and politicians.

5. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Sneaky, aren't they?

I'll be on the lookout for that tactic, but I'll still hang up cold. Unfortunately, civility went out the window when they started blind calling me.

FWIW, I never answer anything that comes up 'Washington, DC' on the caller ID.The really sad thing is that you and I pay for those calls as 'constituent service'...AARGH!

6. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

You really have to ask why politicians made themselves exempt from the law? :lol: