Do you have a Wii? Is it worth the price?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cathy0517, Jan 20, 2011.

1. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

I have wanted a Wii since they came out and my husband says we won't use it enough to justify the cost. This year my 8 going on 9 year old wants one for her birthday. My daughter has been to many birthday parties lately and enjoyed playing with the wii at the parties. I say in the past we have taken her friends to a movie and dinner or to a ceramic place or to build a bear and spent almost the cost of the Wii. I would rather spend the money on something we can still have after the party. What do you say? Are you still using your Wii?:neutral:

2. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

My son will be 8 and has had it since the Christmas he turns 6. He plays it every chance he gets. So, I say yes, its worth it.

3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

we have a 9 year old. got it when he was 8. he loves it, and we can play it with him. As soon as he's done with homework, thats what he's doing, unless its nioce out, then he stills likes to play outside.

4. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

If it's your only gaming system...........then yes. My DS prefered the Xbox. We also had the Wii, but it barely got used once the novelty wore off. He's older though. I sold our Wii before Christmas. Will probably get the Kinnect for his B-Day.

7. busymama

busymama Well-Known Member

Definitely yes!! We got our kids it for Christmas and we play it with them. In addition to playing the games, they love creating their own character to be them in the games AND in addition to that, my son can take the card out of his digital camera we got him for Christmas and put it in the Wii and it plays the pictures and the movies he's taken with the camera! It's awesome!

8. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Yes. We have been dancing to Michael Jackson's "The Experience" since Christmas! (It's a good experience by the way :lol:)

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I say yes. We got ours two years ago Christmas and both boys are still very active on it. Warning: We've spent a small fortune in games!

10. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Yep it's worth it and I even play it too, mainly the Just Dance 2!
    Sheri

11. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

7 kids. ALL play. Worth it. It's their only gaming system. No regrets.

Stephanie--mom to 7

12. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

Wow, nothing but positives. Thanks all.

13. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Yep...definitely worth it. We got ours when they were first launched and only had one problem with it. Sent it back to the company and had it repaired for about $70, I think, with a new warranty at no cost. No problems since and it gets played ALOT, even with the PS3 in the mix.
    As for games:
    My kids got a membership at Play n Trade when they opened at White Oak and have enjoyed trading games there. They hardly ever have to pay out of pocket since they keep money on account from trading old games and systems in. The people there are really nice too. Sign up for email and you will get coupons for extra % off or for a bonus on the trade in value.

14. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

Its great for families and especially pre-teens. What I like about it is you can connect it using wifi and use it to stream movies with netflix (if you have a membership).

15. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

My 9 year old just received his for xmas and he loves it.

16. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

oh yea. I play as much as the kids.

17. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

My 43 yr. old and my 19 yr. old love it.

ps. the 43 yr. old is my husband, not my kid. LOL