Dog Boarding?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CSB, Apr 15, 2013.

1. CSB

CSB Member

Hey everyone, nice to meet you :) New to posting here.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to board my two dogs, a Westie & a Scottie, that is clean and caring, but will not charge me more than a mortgage payment for a week's stay? I am out just past Archer's Lodge, but any place good between there and RDU will work. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  2. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

We use bone voyage when we board our dogs. That've been great the past 2 years.

3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Another vote for Bone Voyage. Our dog also goes their for doggy day care once a week. I don't think they're the cheapest, but they seem to take good care of her, and she loves it there.

4. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

Carolina Ranch or Bone Voyage.

5. CSB

CSB Member

Thanks everyone -- I'll check them out. I appreciate the responses. :)

6. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Another vote for Bone Voyage...we were boarding our dogs there last summer while we attended a family wedding in Raleigh. We had booked a hotel room since we were helping out with the rehearsal dinner late the night before the wedding and acting as chauffeur for out of town family. Saturday morning we got a phone call that our bulldog wasn't breathing normal and they were rushing him to the local vet nearby(our vet is in Raleigh). Shortly later we got a call from the vet saying our bulldog had gone into respiratory distress and Katie had saved his life. They had stabilized his breathing with oxygen and steroid IVs. We think he was stung by a hornet or something and went into distress. He needed to be transported to an emergency vet that could watch him overnight and keep him on IVs-their local vet did not offer this service. Katie actually drove our dog to the other side of Cary for us and got him set up at the 24hr vet hospital. We were in constant communication with all the docs and Katie, they took our credit card info over the phone and Katie never asked for anything in return other than what we owed. We had used Bone Voyage for years for vacations and doggie daycare so Katie knew when something was wrong with our dog's breathing. She knew something was out of the ordinary and acted immediately.

A couple of years ago, we were in Hawaii for 2 weeks. Katie noticed some extra eye gunk in the same bulldog's eyes. She called our vet, explained where we were and got them to call in a prescription at the nearby Walgreens. She went and got the meds and administered them according to our vet's instructions. We were never bothered on vacation and again, we were only charged the cost of the prescription. We'll never board our dogs anywhere else!

7. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Bone Voyage is the best boarding facility in the area! Katie and her staff take great pride in keeping everything immaculately clean and providing the best possible care for your dog while they are staying with her.

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Since you said you are near Archer Lodge I would recommend Adorybull on Buffalo Rd.

I haven't boarded there, but they do a good job grooming and I would trust them.

9. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Another great place

is LUCKY PAWS on HWY 70. Its by Guy Rd and 70 intersection.

They have a web site if you google - you can read all about them. They also offer the web-cam service for when you want to watch your pups at play.

10. elims

elims Well-Known Member

A good friend uses Lucky Paws - their dog comes home happily worn out from his 'vacation'. I've heard good things about both Bone Voyage and Lucky Paws.

11. BEEBSLY9

BEEBSLY9 Active Member

we had a very disappointing experience with lucky paws, i would not recommend! some vets board, and carolina ranch looks very nice!

12. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I know a few people who actually have pet sitters come and take care of their fur babies while away

just my 2 cents

13. Holly Wood

Holly Wood Well-Known Member

We've tried a few options in the area, but these days Carolina Ranch is the only one I would recommend. Might cost a few dollars more, but they are definitely worth it.

14. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

We have always been happy with K-Rod's Kennels on Guy Road. They live right there and our dog has always been cared for well. That has not been the case at other places prior to finding Krods. He will never stay at Clayton Animal or Plantation Animal again. He was in awful shape when he stayed at those places and only after two-three nights. K-rod's has kept him for a week before and he did great!!

15. fionna68

fionna68 Active Member

Bone Voyage

My babies (2 very busy rat terriers) go to daycare at Bone Voyage 5 days a week and I have boarded them about 3 times since June of last year when we first started going there. Katie and her staff will giving them loving attention and if they notice anything out of the ordinary in their behavior, no matter how slight it is, they will mention it and give suggestions on how to help. They listen and look out for anything you may mention that concerns you. They truly care about the animals and give them extra loving while they are in their care. You definitely will not have to worry when they are in their care!

16. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Fionna - I agree. We've been going there for years too. You're not going to get such personal service at a multi-facility place - like Carolina Ranch.

17. Lolly42

Lolly42 Well-Known Member

If you have boarded at Bone Voyage, then you know Katie sold the business. Looking for opinions/experiences with the new management.

Thanks!

18. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

We have our dog go for doggy day care once a week. She still loves it there, and loves the new owners (I've seen her with them when they're out front). They are putting a lot of upgrades into the place.

19. fionna68

fionna68 Active Member

I responded earlier. My babies still go to Bone Voyage. We miss Katie terribly. The new owners have been great! My two babies have been going to Bone Voyage for 3.5 years now. The new owners are giving the same individual and caring experience that we have been used to. My babies still go to daycare 5 days a week and i have boarded them at least twice since the new owners took over. Nothing has changed for my babies. They are still as excited and happy to be there. The new owners are friendly and caring and pay attention to all my helicopter mommy crazy requests for my babies. Nothing has changed that has made me question taking my babies there. They are worth checking out.

20. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Have had 3 dogs go to Carolina Ranch over the past 3+ years, one of them goes to doggie day care when we are out of town. We probably board them 20+ days a year. They also go there for all their vet needs. They have been nothing but great to all my dogs over the years. Would not hesitate to recommend them.