Dog boarding

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by Sheebee82, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Sheebee82

Sheebee82 Member

Hey all!

Planning on heading out for about a week to attend a wedding.....and I have two beautiful dogs to board. As many of you pet owners know, dog boarding is a significant cost nowadays. The newest place is www.carolinaranchpets.com which will board my dogs together in the same kennel for $57/day.... ouch!

Wondering if any of you know or use any other boarding place that is a little more affordable?!?

THANKS!!!

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

They could get a cheap hotel room for that price!! :jester:

What about the one that is on 70 near the Guy Rd. intersection, its in the store front that used to be the Merita Bread Store and next to the equipment rental place. I can't think of the name of it...

3. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

LUCKY PAWS is this one. Great place, great people (even though I've read a recent post I guess that someone is trying to bad mouth them.)

They offer web cam service as well for the parents to be able to watch their babies while gone. Check them out ... they have a web site - just type in Lucky Paws in Clayton and it'll come up.

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thank you!! Bone Voyage is another a boarding facility in the 40/42 area, off of Old Drugstore Rd.

5. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I 2nd Lucky Paws, I 've used them a few times as well as my boss and we think they're the best.

6. Sheebee82

Sheebee82 Member

Thanks!

Thanks guys! I will check them out!

Anyone have experiences with white oak kennel?

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Side note: Dog Boarding is a legitimate form of torture! My Beagle inflicts it on me whenever I try and lay down on the floor!

8. Sheebee82

Sheebee82 Member

Love this

:p one of my cattle dogs does the same! She loves to harass me during yoga!

9. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Bone Voyage is great! Extremely clean and the dogs get lots of playtime and attention. Katie and her staff care for the dogs as if they were their own pets.

10. flutebandmom

flutebandmom Member

Even at $57 per day, Carolina Ranch is the BEST place for boarding. All the staff and vets are wonderful. Our dogs also attend doggie daycare a couple of times a month and LOVE it.