Dog found on Cornwallis Road

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sdw714, Aug 13, 2012.

1. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

My daughter has found a dog on Cornwallis Road. Is anyone missing a black & white maybe pit or pit mix? She is very friendly and I'd love to find her owner. She doesn't appear neglected.

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I thought i saw a sign in the ground of a lost dog, somewhere by the farmstand on cornwallis and 1010? sounds like the same dog i saw the picture of on the sign.

3. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

I'm really not too familiar with that area so I'm not quite sure where that's at - I live in Benson. My daughter works in that area. If anyone happens to go by the sign and can get the # and post it or message it to me that would be great. I can drive down Cornwallis this evening after work and see if I can find the sign. Did you see the sign recently?

4. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

found dog.

any more news on this dog? I too have a dog that matches this discription, she is blk n wht. sweet not neglected at all, no tags, not micro chiped, but so sweet and friendly, My friend found her on Hwy 42 in the middle of the road, by government rd. she opened the door and called her and she just jumped right in the jeep. she took her to the new animal hosp on 42 and had her checked for micro chip and then had her bathed. i will have her at my home untill i can find her owners. if yall have any news on this pup call me please 919-795-8298.
    thanks for your help.
    GAM.

5. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

I still have the dog I posted about - - so it's not the same dog. This one was on Cornwallis Rd - Cleveland School area. Haven't taken her to the vet yet to check for a chip. Was hoping I would have luck on here first. Have you seen the sign Robbie mentioned in the reply?

6. granola acres mayor

i am going to go over there now to look for the number ill let you know when i get back.

7. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

That would be great....Thanks!!

8. granola acres mayor

no luck on the sign. sorry. i drove all around surrounding areas and subdivisions.ill keep an eye and an ear out.
    good luck.

9. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

The signs that I was seeing have been taken down. Not sure if they found the dog, but it was an australian shephard named Kota.

10. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Yea, that was the sign i think with the Kota. Can't get a good look at signs when driving. Hope you find the owners :)

11. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip - - it was worth a shot

12. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

You can also go on JCAPL.org website (Johnston County Animal Protection League) and post FOUND dog. Actually, not sure if you can do the posting yourself but if not you can email the webmaster & they'll post it for anyone to see.

Dogs been reunited thru them in the past with this method. :hurray:

Good luck