dog question!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Jul 15, 2013.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

I had spoken with as few people over the weekend about my dog and his constant scratching and chewing some on his tail area. Looks like dry skin or eczema. They gave me some awesome ideas! One was giving him a raw egg in his food a few times a week and another was coating him in some olive oil. I am going to try these but want to know any other ideas incase for some odd ball reason (because it's ME and MY dog) it doesn't take for him or something. Thanks in advance!

2. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

our dog had the same problem and we gave her fish oil pills and it helped out tremendously! I barely ever see her scratching anymore.

3. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

I had always heard you shouldn't feed a dog raw eggs if you (or your neighbors) have chickens that lay. The dogs get a taste for eggs and they'll try to get them from anywhere they can.

4. God'schild

Thanks Lucy! I can get them at the Food Lion and Palisade, I never thought about that.... we have no neighbors with chickens but you never know who may move next door! I appreciate it!

5. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

No problem! We give her 2 pills a day, one at breakfast and one at dinner, and we put it in her food dish with her meal so she doesn't know anything. If you keep doing that everyday, you should see results soon, hopefully. I hope this helps! :)

6. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

We had a dog with itchy skin, and changing her food to something without wheat helped. Also a lot of dog treats are pure junk food. We used a couple tablespoons of flax seed oil on her food. She loved it and I think it helped.

7. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

try changing the food to blue buffalo basics. you wont need supplements either. get the salmon and potato kind. it doesnt have by products ,corn wheat or soy that the cheaper foods have. and watch how much you feed, you feed less cause it has no fillers. the price is higher but since you feed less it balances out, and you wont be buying supplements either

8. God'schild

Thanks to all!! :grouphug: My little doggy appreciates it to! He's my sweeeets!!!!