Dog training

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by OutdoorPlay, Oct 27, 2015.

1. OutdoorPlay

OutdoorPlay Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of any dog training facilities in the 40/42 area. I am looking for a group type class to put our dog into. I need help with some of his training, but I don't know where to begin. I looked at PetSmart, but the reviews on the internet are sort of good and bad as far as training.

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Not a group class, but I can give these gals a big thumbs up - http://www.raleighncdogtrainers.com/training-packages/

Alisa and Diana are two of the best trainers I have ever met. I've had a half dozen dogs of the years and there's more dogs than people in my family, and I can say without a doubt that with the training my German Shepherd received with them, he is the most obedient and happy dog I have ever had. We go off leash everywhere and never have any problems with other dogs or people.

3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Bone Voyage on Shipwash Drive has training classes.

4. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

Carolina Ranch has good reviews for their training, have not been a client, though.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Try Vickey Vonn at https://sites.google.com/site/fidocanfetch/

She used to hang out here as Zookeeper and did wonders with my Furry Friend with the glasses.

She didn't like my politics, but it didn't keep her from doing a great job! :D

6. OutdoorPlay

Thanks alot for the help. I will give these a call to see which one is the best fit for us.

7. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Adam Bush at Carolina Ranch is wonderful to work with. They have group classes or private. They also offer agility classes.

8. OutdoorPlay

I looked at all the places that were suggested and I sort of had to flip a coin. All the trainers methods looked very good. I chose the classes at Bone Voyage with Fido Can Fetch by Vickie Vonn because they had open enrollment and I could start right away. Our new pup is having a blast in this class. We have learned alot. Thanks for all the suggestions. I don't think anyone could go wrong with any of the trainers that were suggested.

PirateGirl, Rockyv58 and Hught like this.