Dolphin bubbles

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CraigSPL, Aug 17, 2010.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

very cool! :hurray: thanks for sharing! :lol:

3. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Very Cool, I have a friend who works at Discovery Cove...i'll have to ask her if she's seen this in person...looks awesome!

4. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

That was really neat! Kids thought it was really interesting too. Thanks for sharing!

5. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Dolphins will, in a group, circle a group of bait fish, then all of them will blow bubbles out in a circle around the fish. The fish cant see, because of the bubbles, and get scared so they try and jump out of the circle of bubbles. The dolphin will wait outside and catch the jumpers for dinner.

Whales do something similar.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

The Beluga Whales do this all the time for entertainment at the Atlanta Aquarium.

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

But did u look at the video - these bubbles are different than what u'r talking about, I've seen that on tv shows before, and thats pretty neat too! But here they're actually playing with the bubbles.

8. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

That was amazing! The physics behind creating that bubble would baffle most humans.

If they could only converse???

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

They can....we just haven't invented the Dolphin version of Rosetta Stone yet.

:mrgreen:

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

11. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Seems they like MAC's?? I guess they'll call it the "Atlantis Stone" :jester: