Donate furniture - need someone to pick it up

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mingomama, Apr 25, 2014.

1. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

Hi,

Short story - need to have someone come into my (vacant) MIL's condo and take some heavy furniture to a donation spot (or you can have it).

Long story - MIL has moved out of her condo. We had a yard sale to sell most of her items. 2 things that did not sell are a display cabinet that sat on top of an empty 1970's stereo cabinet. The two are not attached. It's just really bulky and heavy.

AmVets would not take it, because it was too big, and they only had one guy on their truck (even though they told me they would have two). Driver said I would have to drag it to the curb, and then they would take it ... this is in Cary...you don't do that in Cary !

So, does anyone know of a donation place that will come pick it up for free?

Thanks.

2. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Have you posted in the local facebook for sale and yard sale pages and do you have a picture to post here? Would probably help if people could see what the item is.

4. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Have you tried Hospice? My Cousin works for Hospice in Florida and they pick up donated furniture all the time. Maybe they do that here too.

5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I would take a photo and post it for free on Craigslist, someone will be by in an hour to take it.

6. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

Thanks

I'll give those suggestions a try.