Dr.Riccobene?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jan 5, 2012.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Since DH needs extensive work done and has no insurance does anyone know if Dr.Riccobene offers any type of discounts in cases such as these? I know that there was talk some time ago that he might start offering lower cost services through his Brush and Floss Foundation.
    Thanks!

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Not sure, call them at 661-6161

3. AnnetteL

I did earlier but after getting answers to the rest of my questions I forgot to ask if they give discounts to people that are w/o insurance ;)

4. AnnetteL

Just called the number you provided,at this time they do not offer any type of payment plans,discounts, etc.

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I am surprised because I know that most dentist...actually medical providers in general do have a discounted rate for self-pay/cash patients.

6. AnnetteL

I wish they did!
    I forgot the name of the lady that I spoke to but it was at the 40/42 location.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I have never heard of a "discounted" rate for cash paying customers....at any doctors office.

8. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

My Lasik surgeon provided a 5% discount to any patient paying cash/check in full at the time of service instead of using credit card. I guess they figured rather than paying the 3% or whatever it is now credit card fee, plus getting the cash up front they could do better that way?

9. AnnetteL

10. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

They are still making out gangbusters with a 5% discount.......

Cash today or payment in reduced amount(sometimes full) in 60-180 days from insurance

11. PirateGirl

Another example is of the urgent care @ 4042...my bff had to take her SO there and he doesn't have insurance. Long story short, when they told the receptionist they were paying cash, they were given quite a discount. With insurance, providers only get a certain, fixed amount for a particular service anyway. I guess that is the thinking on the providers part.

12. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

That amazes me. I have a son with dental issues and he has needed dental work and oral surgery as part of his orthodontic treatment, which routinely causes him to run out of dental benefit for the year by June or July. Both the dentist (not Dr. R) and the oral surgeon negotiated a better rate for us, since we were essentially a cash customer at that point. Maybe it was because we are established patients, not sure, but I can't understand why they wouldn't give you a break for paying cash. Even Johnston Memorial offered us a cash discount when we received our final bills after my surgery and ER visit. Sorry you are running into roadblocks and I hope you get it worked out!

13. PirateGirl

Johnston Memorial (4042) also gave me a 15% cash discount.

14. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

My advice (based on personal experience with them, of both myself and another in my household) is:

If they don't want to make a fair deal for what you can afford, go to someone who does.

There are other understanding dental practices who would be happy to take your money.

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Glad y'all spilled the beans. I won't use my insurance card anymore. I will just ask for the 'cash' discount. awesome.

16. AnnetteL

Glad to hear that at least you got that choice!

17. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Annette, have you looked into commwealth.org? They offer a sliding scale for those that don't have insurance. I know the wait time to get an appt is long, but they offer walk in services on certain days, they now have a dental office in Four Oaks.

18. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

When my Daughter had back surgery in May, the Hospital bill alone was over $120,000! Even WITH insurance the Hospital offered us what they call a prompt pay discount.

19. AnnetteL

Thanks for the info!
    I believe they are also known as Tri Care Family Dental Care,we had been thinking about going through them but since a friend of mine had a real bad experience there recently I'm not so sure if we should...

20. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Yes, thats the same place, I have no first hand experience with them (too chicken lol) If you don't mind the travel, there is sexton dental clinic in SC, I know they will take your xrays by mail and give you an estimate on what your total will be