Dry skin

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by my4kiddies, Nov 2, 2008.

1. my4kiddies

my4kiddies Well-Known Member

Ok I have been going through this for years now but lately its really bad . I have extremely dry skin and like i said have for years . Every year when the weather turns colder it gets much worse . Does anyone have a recommendation for lotion that will help with this terribly dry skin ? I have tried i think every lotion out there but have found nothing really helps . I have tried so many it would take me all day to write it down . Nothing helps yet. My hands are so dry that they actually crack and bleed sometimes . I know that's disgusting but that's what happens . The only thing i have not done was go to the dermatologist . Really dont have time to do that . If you know of anything that might help , Please send it this way

2. mimi2

mimi2 Active Member

Crisco shortening. Sounds gross but it works!

3. le

le Well-Known Member

for your hands try [​IMG]

for everywhere else try a variety of gold bond lotion.

i stock up on both come cold weather.

4. my4kiddies

Thanks to both of you , I will try both :)

5. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

Crack Cream, I know they have it at walgreens

6. WillSpanker

WillSpanker Well-Known Member

GO JO hand cleaner also puts out a go jo hand lotion for machanics dry hands
    works good

7. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I have a son w/ severe eczema and surgery sites that are totally dried up. His prosthetist actually suggested something that I'd never heard of using before. A & D ointment. The one w/ the orangish colored top. It WORKS!!!! Trust me. None of the dermatologists scripts worked or anything OTC. But the A& D did wonders for him. So, try it. Can't hurt for sure. Use it at night though b/c it leaves you greasy for sure. Good luck.

Stephanie--mom to 7

8. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

My skin got so dry in the colder months my fingers cracked and bled. Lotion did not help. About two years ago someone suggested Zims Crack Cream. Awesome stuff ...although it doesn't smell the greatest. I prefer the oil but the lotion works just as well.

9. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

I work in daycare and have to wash my hands about 10 million times a day. Gold Bond really helps and the Satin Hands set from Mary Kay is great,too. Especially if you put on the extra emollient cream and then wear gloves for a while. I used to sell it and I had a guy who had psoriasis that would order 35 tubes of the hand cream every few months b/c he said it was the only thing that helped.

10. Aglassnut

Aglassnut Well-Known Member

Just a thought, but if you take a hot bath, not a shower, before bed, put baby oil in the hot water. You'll feel a bit greasy but when you wake up your skin will be baby soft.

Mike

11. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Get your thyroid checked. I was steadily getting dryer and dryer each year, and I had hypothyroidism. Now my skin is never very dry anymore. :)

12. my4kiddies

Mike , I do that now and yes it does stay soft for a bit but then its right back ..

Robbie , thyroid really ? I will also ask the doctor about that one .

Thanks to all for your suggestions i will be trying all of them . :)
    I think i have put lotion on my hands this morning , 10 TIMES ...Errrrrr cold weather

13. monaco177

monaco177 Guest

My wife constantly has dry skin issues. I got her some skin lotion at Bath and Body Works and it seems to work. It gets worse in the winter with the forced hot air heating and the cold.

14. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I don't have it that bad, as long as I use lotion daily I can keep it under control.
    My neice has it really really bad on her legs, and she scratched so much and made herself bleed she got a bad infection on both legs and she ended up going to the doctors for special creams and botics. She has to make sure not to do that again this year. My dad is the same way and he also has precription creams as well that he has to use several times a day.
    Sheri

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I use this, it's outstanding. It's AVON ANEW ULTIMATE Transforming Hand and Nail Cream

[​IMG]