DS is graduating....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ECAVE, Dec 2, 2008.

1. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

from BCT on Friday. Seems as though it has been a long time coming but then again it seems like time went by fast. It hasn't been short for him though - all the sickness and challenge with the PT test and of course his friend passing suddenly in an automobile accident. He has seen a lot in the last 10 weeks or so and is a better man for it.

Dad and mom are proud of him and we thank each of you for all the well wishes. Change again is in his future as he just learned late yesterday that he not remain at Ft. Jackson for AIT but will instead be shipped to the Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland. He wasn't happy about that at first but he is fine with it now. His main concern was getting home for Christmas. He has a tendency to be timid when taken out of his comfort zone.

He is doing well and we are looking forward to him coming for Christmas.

Thanks again everyone.

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Great News Ecave!
    Congrats!

3. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Congrats, to you all. Aberdeen is actually a lot nicer than Fort Jackson.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Awww, good news!!!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Congratultions!! You must be so proud! :grouphug:

6. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Congratulations! You must be very proud, and rightfully so.

Aberdeen Proving Ground was one of my favorite posts. I still remember the soft shelled crabs, yumm! And the booms from the proving ground at all times of the day and night - the WAC barracks was right next to the fence!

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Congratulations. Hope y'all get to spend some time together for the holidays. :)

8. update:

Its 2 days shy of being 2 years since drew died. Its still sickening, and I hate I won't be able to be there for a memorial service, but ill be home in appx 5 days! In 2 years I have joined, completed basic, ait, and served a year in theater. So much done in such a short time! Thanx for all the support everyone!