Duke Energy - EnergyWise Home program

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Harvey, May 30, 2015.

1. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Anyone enrolled in that Duke Enrgy program that turns your AC unit down at peak energy usage times? Their incentives to enroll are getting a bit better, but I have family at home during the day. Also, concerned for the equipment. If they are sending a signal to turn down/off my AC will this wear on the system/thermostat. Any feedback appreciated.

2. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Have had it for three or four years now with basically no problems. Last year we thought we had a problem with our AC unit and called a company out to look at it. Come to find out the Duke restrictions had kicked in and there was no problem with the unit at all. Felt kind of stupid but I think it's the first time it had actually throttled our system since installation. We are a family at home all day and have only noticed it kicking in this one time since we had it installed.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

What is the incentive currently? I think when I signed up a few years ago it was $25 credit. We've only noticed it come into use one time between the 4-7 pm time frame.

4. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I have a similar commercial plan and have never noticed anything other than the savings. The plan also discounts electrical usage outside of the peak usage for those who can adjust the schedule of use.