Dying with a toothache or sinus infection - help

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Dec 13, 2010.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I have been up all night with what has got to be a sinus infection or a very bad tooth. It started out last week as what feels like a sinus infection (face hurting, pressure behind eye, glands hurting, etc.) Last night when I laid down in bed I got this weird sensation under one of my bottom teeth. It felt like it was blinking just like on a cartoon. It sent a hot sensation down my entire body. Then soon after it started happening on one of my top molars. Now it's mainly focused on my top tooth.

It has been one hell of a night. I was literally screaming and crying in pain last night. I have a doctor's appt. at 12:00 to see what this is. My fear is that it is a tooth.

I am absolutely horrified of a dentist. I know I have a LOT of work that needs to be done in my mouth and I have dental insurance but I panic at the very thought of going.

If the doctor tell me I need a dentist I would love to try Dr. Ricobenne due to the glowing compliments he receives here.

I'm wondering if his office will work with me on the part that my insurance may not cover since it's so close to Christmas? Does anyone know? Anyone ever had a similar experience?

I'm honestly in too much pain to talk on the phone and I'm going back to bed as soon as I'm done with this message. I'll check in later to see if anyone has any recommendations. Sorry if I've rattled. I've been up all night and I'm still in a lot of pain.

Thanks for any comments/suggestions.

2. flutebandmom

flutebandmom Member

Sorry you are in so much pain!! I am just like you when it comes to dentists - scared to death but need a lot of work done. I have dental insurance but my part is a very large sum. My kids go to Dr. R and love going there. I have asked in the past about payment plans and their answer is to give you an application for a credit card. There was another thread not long ago that listed a couple of other dentists in the area that may be willing to do regular payment plans.

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I posted about the same thing last week and ended up back at the dentist my family has been using for years in Smithfield. They were wonderful with me and as for paying my portion that insurance didn't cover, they also had me apply on the spot for CareCredit. I filled out the application onine and was approved right then and there...first payment won't even be due till about a month from now. Also, it's interest free for either 30/60/90 days. Sorry you are in so much pain....

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Dr Riccobene will work with you, tell him WHO you are on here.

I'm sorry you're in so much pain!!! :grouphug::grouphug:

5. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Have your ears checked. Last time I thought I had a sinus infection, it turned out to be an inner ear infection.

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

do a shot of Jager or Rumplemintz....that will ease either the tooth pain or the sinus issue.

Seriously.....just make sure that either are stone cold before doing.