eagles again

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cynadon, Nov 5, 2011.

1. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

a couple of months ago I saw an eagle. Well, today I saw two. One was in my front yard and the other across the pond. I called the neighbors and told them to look. Both said their folks saw them last week. I don't have pictures yet, but at least I aint crazy.

Saturday 11.5.11 - afternoon - Matthews rd, Polenta rd, Raleigh rd, and probably Sanders rd.

Anybody else see them?

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Bald Eagles???

3. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

yeah, I think. White heads and white tails. wingspan 4-5 ft. the crows get really pi$$ed when they come thru. They set in the trees and fish. And no, they ain't ospreys.

4. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Yes, there are bald eagles in this area. I have seen one on more than one occasion as I cross the bridge on Covered Bridge Road just east of Clayton. There have also been sightings (and a picture in the local paper) of one at Portofino off of 42 East of Clayton. Pretty cool to see one, but even better to see two! They are beautiful and majestic creatures!!

5. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

me and jr were canoeing on the Neuse River last fall. just as we were going under I 540 we saw one on the bank. very big an col to see. as we got close, he flew off under the bridge ahead of us.

6. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

We had one in the trees above our pond a few weeks ago.