East Side Barber Shop?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cannon Talent, May 26, 2009.

1. I'm wondering if anyone has been to the small barber shop across from Broadmoor and if so how much a regular haircut costs. I think it's called east side barber shop. I am way past due for a haircut, but I am having a hard time finding a barber that gives a good haircut for a reasonable price. I am former military and maybe too used to a good haircut for less than ten bucks. I've gone the Geat Clips route and found that I did not like it, but instead prefer a barber shop type place. I tried that place behind Golden Corral but didn't like the job they did. Any suggestions?

I work for DoD and an going to be giving a seminar on Thursday. If I showed up with this hippie hair they'd prob ably laugh me out of the buiding...lol

2. mom23

mom23 Active Member

Lee's Hair

JR Lee is the owner. Open Thurs-Sat. Eight dollars. On the corner of hwy 50 and Stephenson rd.

3. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the little barbershop across from C3, I've heard good things. The guy that operates it has a bunch of experience and is a local. My dad has been a couple of times and really likes it - felt like it got just what he wanted and he really took time with him. I think he paid something like 10 bucks. Give him a try!

4. I did give him a try and man was I impressed!! Excellent haircut and a great price! I haven't had anyone use a stright razor on the back of my neck since I was stationed in Germany. The owner said that he had a shop in Smithfield for 20 years.

He did a fantastic job and he's gained a loyal customer.

5. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

i might have to try him out. he is just down the road from me

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Thanks, gonna send DH & BIL there next time.

They can practically walk down there. :lol:

7. NCDad

NCDad Guest

I have been to East Side Barber several times. To date, I have not had an issue. You can't beat his price (about $10) for a top notch quality hair cut. Mr. Lee even uses a straight edge razor, which most barbers do not use anymore. He is very pleasant as well.

His location is convenient. His shop is open Tuesday - Friday (when I last checked). I can't remember is exact hours, but his availability is reasonable.

I also use JB's Barber Shop in Clayton. The only difference in cutting hair is that JB's does not use a razor for trimming the neck & around the ears. JB's is also about $2 or $3 more than East Side Barber.

In either case, both locations get a thumbs up!