Eastern Carolina Ear Nose and Throat Smithfield

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Nov 25, 2013.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

My mother used to have Dr. Catz as her doctor. He was very good with her, very professional and operated on her initially. I recommend him.

Sherry

3. AnnetteL

Thanks!!

4. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

I have been there a few times. About 10 years ago I had a cold nodule on my thyroid aspirated, biopsied, and I was very pleased with Dr. Catz through the whole thing. Just a few months ago, I made an appointment there with Dr. Catz for recurring ear infections and tinnitus (ringing), but when I got there and waited for nearly an hour to be called back, I found that I was meeting with another doctor (I think he was a doctor)?? He rushed me in and out and did not address my concerns, basically saying nothing was wrong. This after 3 rounds of antibiotics for severe ear pain and fluid on the eardrum. I was NOT happy and will not return unless I am assured that my appointment is with Dr. Catz. I don't like to pay a $70 copay to receive that kind of treatment and walk out with no answers. Just be careful. Dr. Catz is great, but be sure that is who you see!!

5. AnnetteL

Thanks for the info! I already made him an appointment for tomorrow,for better or worse...

6. AnnetteL

He went yesterday,didn't get much out of it though.Doc seems to think that it's (he's been experiencing a slight loss of balance occasionally) not ear related,suggested that he could have a lot of other tests done but since we're still w/o Ins. that's not an option at the time.Checked on healthcare.gov and with the BCBS Bronze Blue Value Plan the deductible would be $11000 :shock:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013