Easy Costume

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Karmol, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

Just found out that I am supposed to dress up in a costume for work on Saturday night. I need some suggestions. Preferably something I can put together myself and very comfortable!!
    I will be standing for about 4 hours!!
    Right now I am thinking about pinning lots of Godiva chocolate to my clothes and claiming to be Lady Godiva, but I am not crazy about that idea. I would love to hear your suggestions!!

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I did "Poor White Trash" using a white trash bag (holes cut in for my legs) with some spaghetti noodles and other trash hanging out the bag.

I friend of mine in my younger days went as hash and wrapped himself in aluminum foil.

How politically correct do you need to be?

3. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

As stated in my email from work:

"*Please be professional with your costume!

(You are representing 'insert place of business here')"

Guess I shouldn't make any loud statements.

4. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Years (decades?) ago me n' the missus went as old people. It just took a trip to the thrift store, some make up and powder and a little bad acting.

Unfortunately, it worked too well!

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Dress normally. Pin some socks, dryer sheets, hand towels to your shirt. Static cling.

Or just don't show up, then you can be the invisible person.

6. Crysta

Crysta Guest

You can pin purple balloons all over your outfit and go as a bunch of grapes. You can easily do a dalmation or zebra with a sharpie and some cheap sweats from Walmart. You can wear an old flannel shirt, jeans and a straw hat, stuff some straw around your cuffs and go as a scarecrow. A witch would be pretty easy. Retro is usually pretty easy to do. Bellbottoms and a retro blouse with some colored sunglasses; a poodle skirt; blue jeans with a white t-shirt and leather jacket; etc.

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I think chocolate would melt! Friend of mine pinned small bags of spices on herself and went as a 'Spice Girl' - yrs ago back when they were popular.:lol:

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

There ya go - attach some bags to yourself, go as a bag lady.

9. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Paint a big "P" on the front of your shirt. Then use black face paint around your eye. Blackeyed P.

10. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

This is a real winner in an office environment :lol: :

[​IMG]

11. bandmom

Make a sign or shirt that says -

Trick or Treat!
    Due to the economy, I couldn't afford to dress up.
    In lieu of candy, I'd like cash please. :lol:

12. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Or a Bail Out.

13. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I am SO doing this....

14. bandmom

Ok, well you'll need to share your profits w/ me! :lol:

15. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

This year I'm takin' a plain ole cardboard box; cutting holes for my arms and head, painting 3 dresser drawers on the front, putting a lampshade on my head and goin' as One Night Stand.

Ya'll look fer me

16. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Hair in pony tail, scarf tied around neck, bright red lipstick, poodle skirt or pants rolled up, bobby socks, tennis shoes or saddle shoes....go 50's style. Cheap and most things you may already have. Can be comfortable and still have fun.

17. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

:lol: