El Cerro Mexican Restaurant

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by lovetweetie, Dec 28, 2006.

1. lovetweetie

lovetweetie Active Member

Has anyone ever eaten at this restaurant? It is located near Wachovia at 40/42. If you have eaten there is the food good, restaurant clean, etc.? What was your opinion? We are looking for a good mexican restaurant in this area. Thanks

2. fatherof3

fatherof3 Member

I have eaten there several times with the family and found the food and service to be good.

3. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I was pleased as well! Their chicken burritos and quesdillas rock!

4. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

i dig it. (im an old hippie now, see?) that place owns face.

5. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

The Manager?Owner's? son is in pre-school with our DS. We see them in the drop off/pick up hallway all the time. They are both very nice & their son is OH So Cute!

I keep planning to try out the Restaurant!

6. tawiii

tawiii Guest

I have tried it several times and have enjoyed it each time. I have had to stay away since the portions are too big.

7. Tamo245

Tamo245 Active Member

I must have eaten there a couple dozen times.

Very Good!!

8. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

They are very good. I also really like Poncho's on HWY 70 in Clayton.

9. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

That play is alway busy so it must be good.

I prefer 'La Cocina' here in Clayton. Near Lowe's Foods. Tues. is 99 cents margarita night.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I LOVE LaCocina! I met the owners of Pancho's the other day, seem like really nice people, I am going to have to try them out too!

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

We love it there also, the food and service have always been great.

(the Margaritas are the bomb)

12. Ecugyrl

Ecugyrl Well-Known Member

I have eaten there several times and never had a problem. Great place to go.

13. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

For anyone who has eaten at both El Cerro and the one in the Wal-Mart shopping center, which do you prefer? And does El Cero have a Mariachi band? I hate driving over to Wally world from where I live now, but I really like the Mexican resteraunt there...wondering if I should switch to El Cerro.

Thanks,
    Snuff

14. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

We have not tried to El Cerro. We like Pancho's better than any other in Johnston County that we have tried. We will try El Cerro.

15. mordorboy

mordorboy Well-Known Member

Never eaten there, not sure about the mariachi band, but......during the World Cup when Mexico was playing, I popped in there assuming they would have the game on. They did and I enjoyed several cervezas with my new found Mexican soccer compadres. I was the only gringo and was very welcomed by the staff and patrons. I guess I should go eat there some time....

16. Larry

Larry Well-Known Member

We've eaten many times at El Cerro and seldom been disappointed. Food is generally good, staff courteous and usually attentive. You might also try El Cerro on S. Saunders if you're close to Sams. Recently discovered La Cocina and it also has been enjoyable. Seems to have a better menu than El Cerro. Food very tasty...maybe a little too much salt on the items that I had .... sauces very good. And they have a white dipping sauce (I asked what it was and was told it was a white sauce..go figure) that is Very good. Hits you with a sweet taste followed by a pepper bite. Nice. Atmosphere probably a little nicer than El Cerro but neither have been disappointing to us. For even more authentic Mexican you might want to try Los Cazadores off of US64. For those of you familiar w/ Red Dragon Chinese restaurant, instead of cutting to the left off of US 64, cut to the right and then back to the left into the little strip business center. Out of the way and almost entirely Mexican clientele.

17. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

we have been there many times. they are very nice. loved it.

18. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

My Fave is Fiesta near WallyWorld!

19. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

We are HUGE fans of Panchos. It was the 1st restaurant we went to, the 1st day we moved to Clayon in Oct 2005. Their Quesadilla Supreme is outstanding (I get the chicken one).

DEEE LISHHHH!

20. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

La Cocina vs. El Cerro

Nobody beats La Cocina! That is by far my favorite restaurant in the world.

However last night I just plain didnt feel like driving over there. So kids, wife and I decided to hit El Cerro's for the first time in ages. I was teasing the wife calling it Fexican (Fake Mexican) compared to La Cocina. Boy was I surprised tho. I got the Lbarro (What I called the fatboy special) and was floored by how good it was. I definately will continue with La Cocina as my favorite spot to eat, but I will also not hesitate to hit El Cerro. Now if El Cerro will just get some decent draft beer (Go to La Cocina and order the grande Dos XX !!!) I might go there more often.