Election Today

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Emma Caroline, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I am so dissapointed in the voter turnout today. I voted at about 7:20 and the total voters at both C3 precints was only 140. Our govenrment is more that just a president!

2. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I am disappointed that no one has advertised that it was an election day, and what was on the ballot. We learned about it being an election day when it was mentioned on the news. Maybe if there was more publicity about it - or even mentioned in the sunday paper - people would vote. Or maybe it's just me, not knowing.:confused:

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

people still read newspapers?

4. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

I work at the precinct in Clayton at the fire station and we had only 64 voters today! Sad!

5. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

OK, I'm an idiot. Wasn't this a primary run off to determine party candidates for the November elections?

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

7. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

We both voted yesterday, and explained to our kiddo that with the lack of voters, that our votes were even more critical.

Yet, it remains the fact that a better runoff system has to emerge. Wasn't there a ranked ballot system that was tried recently? IIRC, you selected the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd preferred of candidates, which sped up the runoff process and cost less.