electrician

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, May 11, 2011.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced electrician. The problem is I got a ceiling fan for my office. I was able to take down the old fixture and put up the ceiling fan. Thing was that when I put the fan on high it wobbles something fierce. I bought the cross bar that is suppose to hold the electrical box in firm. But I can not seam to get the old box out. My friend has a solution to get a board to go over the ceiling joists and screw the existing electrical box to it. That should hold it firm. But it will be another week or two with out the overhead light or fan. If I can spend under a hundred bucks to have a pro come in and do it the right way and have it done in a week that would be great.

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Just use the light part (don't use the fan) until your friend gets to you. :?

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

It takes at least 3-4 hands to get it back up. two hands to wire it and two hands to hold it up high enough. then 3 hands to push it up so it can be attached to the screws

4. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Eugene Myers, 919-796-9342 Very good & Very Reasonable!

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Give Andy with Carolina Electrical Contractors a call. He is listed in the business directory and is a friend of ours.

919-333-2824

6. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Can you not do the crossbar from the attic? Should take about 5/10 minutes if you can.