Elisabeth Edwards

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Dec 6, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I hope she is in no pain.

Sherry

3. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers for Elizabeth and her family.
    However I just can't believe she wants that dirt bag John by her side at this time.

4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Sherry, the cancer spread to her bones a couple of years ago. She is in pain, even if she's on massive doses of morphine. I pray for peace for her and her family.

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

no matter what your politics, Elizabeth Edwards has always been the shining example of taking whatever is thrown at her and getting through it with grace, humility and strength. i know my heart goes out to her and her family and they are in my prayers. It is such a heartbreaking tragedy to such a wonderful giving woman and her children.

6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Prayers and thoughts for Mrs. Edwards and her family. And, John, dirt ball, that he is, will be helping to raise those children. Apparently, Elizabeth has found it in her heart and grace to forgive. I wish her Peace and thank her for the example she set of Grace.

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

WRAL just broke in to programming to report that Elizabeth Edwards has passed away late this afternoon. I'm glad she didn't suffer for any longer since she was just told that any further treatments would not help her prognosis. Thoughts and prayers to her family during this sad time.

:cry:

8. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

RIP Elisabeth Edwards
    &
    I hope that John stays out of the news & tabloid press for a long long while.

9. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

RIP Elizabeth Edwards

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That's awful. :cry:

11. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Oh,no :cry:
    I remember how tough it was seeing all the Christmas cheer all around while going through a loss like this,it will be some hard times ahead for her children!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  12. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be so quick to judge John Edwards' actions since the scandal. I never liked him, but I'm not calling him a scumbag right now. We don't know anything about the last days of her life with him.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No, but we sure know what a gentleman he was during his wife's terminal illnes, now don't we? 8)

I hope she found some measure of peace about it in the past few days.

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

judge ye not, lest ye be judged. There are a lot of long term marriages that have gotten past indescretions and even though they are not together now, when one or the other is in need after all those years, the love is still there and the support that is needed is there. None of us know what has gone on behind closed doors with them and i will be the last to judge her choice to have the father of her children there during her last days. Until we can walk in their shoes, how can we even begin to understand what happens with them. Those children need all the love and support they can get and to me it still speaks even more of her grace.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Kaci, you are preaching to the choir. If you read carefully, I said I hope she found some peace with it.

I recently found out a dear, dear friend of mine was unfaithful to his wife. I hurt for his wife, but ultimately, it is between them. Doesn't mean I condone it or approve of his behavoir. But now they have moved passed it and more power to them. She is however, a much more forgiving person than me. One never knows.

I just happen to think screwing around on your terminally ill wife and fathering a child and lying about it doesn't win you many brownie points. But apparently that is just me.

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

gotcha, i understand where you are coming from, but having seen many wonderful successful marriages get past it has taught me not to even begin to understand what goes on between 2 people behind closed doors and yes i agree he was a dbag for doing what he did, but she knew that he is the man that will be raising her children when she was gone so i admire her even more for including him in their lives during the past few months and can understand why she would want him there at the end, he is the only love she has ever known for the past 30 years. Let's just hope and pray that he will own up to what life has just passed his way and that he will raise those kids with her morals and strength as she has always done.

17. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

Sorry, but if you know people behind the scenes who knew the Edwards well and worked on their campaigns....you know that one shouldn't be judging John.

Their marriage...their mistakes.....their bonding at the end.

18. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

It's a sad situation. I am sure we have no idea what the true situation was, but I feel that she had her house in order, so to speak, and was ready for this.

My prayers are now with the children; they potentially have a rough future ahead if the grape vine is correct about their father.

19. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

backtrack

20. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Elizabeth is gone, John seems to be in good health so we have all the time in the world to gossip, backbite and judge. Let's give it a day or two.