English Bull \ Boxer for Stud

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by pikapp691, Aug 13, 2007.

1. pikapp691

pikapp691 Well-Known Member

English Bull \ Boxer thread

I am thinking of studding out my lil man. He is 3/4 english bulldog and a 1/4 boxer. He has the best temperment of any dog I have ever had. He will be 2 years old in a month and has perfect health. He weighs 60 lbs and 99% of that is muscle. I am looking for someone who has the same combination.

What are your opinions on studding bulldogs or dogs in general?

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  2. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to be mean. But please don't mix breeds. I myself have a pure breeds..one boxer and one english. I wouldn't dream of diminishing their standards (talking AKC here folks).

3. le

le Well-Known Member

Seems fair to add here that at least one out of every four pets brought to animal shelters around the country are purebred.

Don't forget to help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutered.

4. pikapp691

I hear what your saying. Everyone is not into the whole AKC thing. I bought my dog because when I saw him I couldn't say no. Plenty of people are selling this particular combo. I am not in it for the money, I just want to have one of his offspring. My father and I have had pure english bulldogs since I can remember, but everyone can't drop $1500 + on a dog.

Anyone out there with a female with this combo let me know! Thanks

5. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

AMEN, both my babies have had this done! With the pet population the way it is...spay/neuter. I will always try to adopt (if I ever have any more pets). They are soooooooooo expensive, when something happens to mine, I don't know if I'll have any more and if so, I'll try to adopt.

6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Please spay/neuter your pet. Last I remember, the animal shelter puts down about 500 animals a month. That truly breaks my heart.

7. pikapp691

He will not be neutered! He is always fenced in or in the house on his bed sleeping. This is if somebody else has a female looking to breed. I don't think but I am not sure of people buying dogs to put in the shelter. Most of those are strays and then strays that knock up other stays.

If you have a female let me know, other wise oh well!!

8. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I work in a shelter and we have to euthanize pure breeds everyday due to space. We contact rescue groups for the breed, but most of them are full too.

We don't need any more puppies of any kind for a very long time.

Neuter you dog, it is healthier in the long run.

9. le

le Well-Known Member

Say you breed him, you are not guaranteed any results that even come close to what you know and love about your boy. Then, each littermate that you give away or God forbid sell, means one less home for the already existing dogs in shelters.

A year or two passes and some of those offspring also never get spayed or neutered by their new owners. Think if each of your pet's offspring have a litter of their own you have only added even more animals to the population.

The problem of pet overpopulation is created and perpetuated one litter at a time.

10. pikapp691

Either way......

My dog is available for stud, please let me know if you or a friend has a female. You should bash the people that are taking these dogs to the shelter instead of taking care of there responsibilities.

11. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Obviously, being educated and intelligent doesn't inoculate a person against being self-centered, arrogant and immature.

12. pikapp691

What does any of that have to do with me offering my dog for stud? You do not know me lady so please keep the insults to yourself. I am not going off b/c I have told other members on this board I would refrain from doing that. How am I arrogant? How am I immature? Please enlighten me.

13. KDsGrandma

You come onto a public forum and try to tell other posters what they can or cannot post. When someone indicates that is inappropriate, you insult them. You have made some very childish insults to Kaci, me, and tit4tat. Now you indicate you do not care whether you are adding to the problem of pet overpopulation. I find that behavior, as I said, arrogant, self-centered, and immature. That is all.

I am not suggesting you leave the forum, if that is what your comment about "going off" means, but I would suggest you bear in mind that it is a public forum, you do not own it. You do not even own a thread that you start. All of us have had threads hijacked, intentionally and otherwise, and most of us do not hurl childish insults at the hijacker.

Let me further state that all of my comments on this board have been directed to the online persona that you present to the board. I recognize that often an online persona can be radically different from the real life personality from which it emanates. You may be a fine person in real life, and if so, it is not necessary to take my comments personally, just take them as they are intended.

14. KDsGrandma

P.S.

On the other hand, if by "not going off" you mean you will refrain from hurling insults, then congratulations on using a little self-control.

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

He did give me an apology and i am willing to give him a chance - sometimes it is hard for someone to come onto a board where a lot of us know each other IRL. Yes, he had no right to throw insults but there are a lot of folks on here who have done that in the past and still end up being great folks.

16. pikapp691

I appreciate you getting all that off your chest. I apologize for insulting you. Can we move on? If you have anything else go ahead and let go, I can take it. I just want to move on and to think all this happened b/c of big brother 8.

Please PM me if you want to talk any further. Thanks

This message the way it is typed is not meant to be anyting but what it says. This is not smart *** or arrogant.

17. KDsGrandma

Kaci, I am not one to hold a grudge, I think you know that. However, he has shown me nothing but contempt. As I said in my response to him, he may be a fine person in real life. However, I have no way of knowing that.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

pm'd ya sweetie:-D

19. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

advertising goes in the classifieds. :roll:

20. pikapp691

I have changed the original thread. I do not know how to delete the whole thing.

I am sorry for bringing it up. I was hoping to just meet someone with another bulldog /boxer combination.

Admin please delete if in wrong area.