English Bulldog or Beagle?

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by Crysta, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Delete

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
  2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Bulldog!

Beagles bark their heads off!! :ack:

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

As an adult I have never owned anything other than a Beagle, I love everything about them but their lungs!

I don't know if I would call it a bark though!

4. harleygirl

More of a HOWL!!! :lol:

5. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

The beagle that use to live on our street (until she got hit by a car a while back) was such a sweetie and she was very smart. She loved to come over and be snuggled and wasn't a real barker either. I personally like the beagles....I don't have one, but if I had to choose between the two, it would be a beagle.

6. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

Beagle MIX!

7. poptart4breakfast

poptart4breakfast Well-Known Member

Beagle. Just because you have young kids. A friend has an english bulldog and while it is a great dog it is always knocking the kids down. The dog has gone to training classes but the kids are not big enough to enforce the commands with the dog. The dog listens great with the parents, but the kids have a tough time.

8. seabee

seabee Guest

you are on the money=honey...:cheers:

9. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

That is why I said a mix; at least there is a chance that you will not get the digging, taking off after scents, and barking/howling. But they are wonderful with kids-ours would see kids when we were out and whine and cry until she got to meet them.

10. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Beagle, had two at one point and they were both great with my DD and she was much younger. Mine where not hard to train and they always looked foward to their walks ect. Mine were pretty lazy too.

Bulldogs, love them as well, I have a thing for the flat wrinkly face dogs lol, ( I have two pugs) I have found from a friend that has one that he was just a big ol lazy thing. Cute as can be and so big and lumpy lol. But, she had the hardest time training him to do anything. Even to go outside, he just wanted to lay there.
    Sheri

11. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Beagles -!!!!!!!!
    Sweet eyes and great dispositions...

Bulldogs = they drool....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    but...they are really nice doggies and happpy

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Beagles................cute, but OMG the noise level is intense.

13. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Well I guess you can tell my vote is for an english bully of course!! It took me a year to talk my hubby(a former cat lover) into one 4 years ago and now he won't even consider another breed. A couple of things...yes they are prone to health problems, but if you choose a responsible breeder chances are they will be minimal. Also, don't discount the energy that english bullies can have. Ours has spurts, especially around unfamiliar people, where he can be wide open if he wants. That being said, training can be a lost cause on bullies-we've tried. And when he is being spastic, it is only for about 30 seconds and then he conks out. It really has to do with what kind of environment they are raised in, i.e. calm or hectic. But they are solid, compact creatures and if you are in the way you will kindly be shoved aside!! And bullies aren't always drool monsters, but be prepared for A LOT of water on your kitchen floor anytime they drink:lol: Our bulldog only barks when people come to our house. Other dogs in the neighborhood bark at him all the time and he just stares at them like they are crazy! Be prepared for a lot of snoring, LOUD snoring. They have such loving, easy going temperaments. Not a day goes by that our bully doesn't make us laugh hysterically at something! If you are looking for a great breeder, I highly recommend English Bulldogs R Us out of Taylorsville, NC about 2.5 hours west of here. You can check out their site at http://www.english-bulldogs-r-us.com . We got our puppy in April and really enjoyed having him house trained pretty much before the heat of the summer. Feel free to PM me anytime. I've done tons of research on the breed!

14. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

The little one that came to visit us never barked when the kids let her in. Heck, my poodle and my cocker spaniel bark a lot, every noise they hear and the cocker spaniel will bark at the other 2 dogs if she wants the toy they have!

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Only if he sees something on four legs through the door or window!

Or if the parrot tricks him!

16. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

Our neighbor got a Beagle a few months ago and it the most annoying dog ever. Barks all the time, and sometimes it darts out the front door when they come home and runs down the road and will chase after people or cars. Few times it almost was run over by the mail person.

17. harleygirl

I should give you my MIL's phone number, you won't get thru one sentance without hearing their Beagle continuously BARK it's head off.
    :ack:

18. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'm looking at getting my son a dog and he wants either a beagle or a daschund. We want a smaller, short-haired dog. I've also thought about introducing the idea of a bassett hound or a jack russel terrier. Personally, I love German Shepherds, but we don't want to start off with such a dog at this time.

What are the thoughts and opinions for a seven-year old active boy?

19. Crysta

Crysta Guest

You can come pick up the jack russel that our neighbors have. He's crazy. He constantly runs away, barks, chases the kids (even the ones that live with him), and then barks and runs some more.

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member