Existing Wells and Subdivision Sewer Pipe Installation Project

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DWK, Nov 5, 2017.

1. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

FYI -

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  2. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I would hope this project that requires people to abandon wells would compensate them for it and also hook them up to county water gratis.

Auxie, DWK and jesse82nc like this.
  3. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

I agree. They should.

4. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I would hope that would be the case.

Kelyel and Auxie like this.
  5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Glad my well is 100+ feet from any right of way. I don't plan to give that up any time soon. I love my completely pure water and hate the chemical infused city/county water.

Kelyel likes this.
  6. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Unless you have had it tested for purity you may not have the water you believe you have. ;)

http://epi.publichealth.nc.gov/oee/wellwater/county_J-Z/johnston.pdf

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  7. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

As well you should be happy with that kind of distance!

8. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

9. Wayne Stollings

I have never defended the practice of containment ponds. I did, however, point out the claims made about the situations regarding CSX relating to transfer of the coal ash into landfills were not accurate.

10. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

DWK likes this.
  11. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

12. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

He didn't squirm out from under anything. I remember the thread. There was a equivocation that was incorrect regarding ponds and landfills and Wayne was simply debating that.

13. Wayne Stollings

That is a good TCL for water. The metals and pesticides are probably the most important for most folks in a rural setting. The petrochemical contaminates are possible especially where someone had a heating oil tank underground.

14. Wayne Stollings

I did not change the subject. I addressed the claim you made directly. I have never defended retention ponds for coal ash or mining refuse either for that matter.

I am not aware of any significant issues with CSX contamination of wells in this area, can you point to the specific thread? Water is not my area of expertise, but landfill gas is and that is related to the contamination of water and being contaminated by water.

Actually I have discussed the issue of water contamination in several thread in the Pit. I do not post much in the Discussion area nor the Neighborhood because some of the more "colorful" people follow me and may disrupt the discussions.

I only commented here because I have seen too many tests for bacteriological contaminates used in well determination where there were other more critical contaminates as was indicated in the link I posted and I wanted to ensure there was sufficient testing, which there was.

15. Wayne Stollings

16. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Thank you, Harvey, for reminding me that.

17. Wayne Stollings

http://forums.johnstoncounty.today/threads/nc-river-turns-to-gray-sludge-after-coal-ash-spill.38085/

http://forums.johnstoncounty.today/...rwood-development-pollutes.38739/#post-657612

18. Wayne Stollings

You posted in the thread but it was not started by you.

http://forums.johnstoncounty.today/threads/csx-in-joco.40087/

Your post in that thread which was full of misrepresentations concerning CSX.

19. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell.