Eye Doctor

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by robbie, Jan 6, 2013.

1. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me Eye Doctors that are up at the 40/42 area and some feedback on them. Both me and my spouse need one like quick, and money is tight due to unemployment, but we do have BCBS Medical insurance that covers some eye care stuff. Thanks All :)

2. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

I tried the place in the strip mall next to the Walgreens (between Technology Drive and Cleveland Road) and I definitely wouldn't go back. I went in because my prescription had changed. They did an exam, tried to sell every upcharge possible, asked to see my old prescription, and then gave me exactly the same prescription after telling me that my eyes had gotten worse. I realized the next day and called to find out why. They said the doctor would call me back. A few days later they called and told me I owed them $25 for missing my appointment. Um...what? When the doctor finally called me back, he was rude and acted like it was my fault for leaving with the wrong prescription.

3. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

I swear by Dr. Stockbridge at Eye Care Center in Smithfield. I know it is now 40/42 but it isn't that far...

4. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Thanks 42Local for telling me that, and peppercorns I will look into that place, thanks both. Isn't there a new place that used to be in the old A1Video on Technology drive, something like oasis??? Does anyone have experience with that???

5. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

I go to the brother of the Oasis Dr. (there is also an Oasis my Betsy Johnson in Dunn). His brother has Triangle Eye, main office is on Glenwood by Crabtree-soon to have an office in Clayton. I love the Triangle Dr.

6. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

My DH went to the Oasis Eye Care and really liked the Doctor and Staff there. Said he would definately go back there when he needed another pair of glasses.